Lacking hair inspo? Meet the flirty pony, the must-have addition to your staple style arsenal.
A fresh twist on a classic up-do, the look features two contrasting side sections: sleek and smooth on one half of the face with a soft wave on the other. Sassy yet sophisticated, this sexy style is surprisingly easy. Here’s how you can achieve it at home:
1) Prepare your hair for styling with a thermal spray such as Indola’s Innova Setting Thermal Protector Spray.
2) Backcomb your hair at the roots on the crown of the head and create a far side part.
3) Leaving both sections of hair in front of your ears out and loose, tie the rest back into a ponytail (be careful not to flatten out the back combing so you keep the volume on the crown of your head).
4) On one side of your face, slick your hair back and pin it into the ponytail, fixing it with a long lasting hairspray such as Schwarzkopf Ultimate Keratin Hairspray and bobby pins.
5) On the other side, use a styler such as VS Sassoon Curl Secret to curl half-inch sections of hair around the face.
6) Spray each curl and gently loosen them with your fingers, making sure you don’t break them up.
If your hair’s too short to work a ponytail, never fear. The style looks just as good with a sleek, low bun!
Photo credit: Sonny Vandevelde
What do you think of the flirty pony? Will you be trying this one at home?