The chic way to deal with a dirty hair day
Dirty hair days are beyond brutal for a girl.
They have the ability to pull your confidence levels right down to the ground and make you feel less like the chic, groomed character you set out to be in the morning and more like the disheveled, unwashed mess you feared you may turn into by the end of the day.
We all know dry shampoo is a saviour for oily roots, but what if your problem extends further? As in, further down your strands? Knotty, kinky, lanky locks that are ridden with product build-up are nobody’s friend. They make any ponytail or down ‘do look untidy and days old. Not exactly ideal when you’re trying to make a good impression, eh?
It’s not your fault; we women are as time poor as they come. The great news is, we have a how-to that will turn your dirty locks into a seriously unidentifiable up-do with added relish. (As in, it’ll wow the crowds and then some.)
Check out our Insta-video and read up on the how-to steps below to see how it’s done…
- Begin by brushing your lengths into a high ponytail, just at the crown of your head. (This positioning is perfect for dirty hair, as if the pony was any lower, your oily roots would be slicked down flat over your head and clearly visible.)
- Next, take your donut bun and pull your ponytail through the centre.
- Split your pony horizontally into two pieces and begin moulding the hair to the shape of the donut, using your hair to evenly cover the donut. Be sure to tuck the ends underneath as you go.
- Once all moulded and tucked neatly, use bobby pins to secure your strands in place.
- Finish with a generous spritz of White Sands Infinity Aerosol and voila! Dirty hair turned decadent ‘do.
Handy hint: White Sands Infinity Aerosol is unlike other hairsprays for a few reasons. Firstly, it works like a dream with heated hair tools such as hair straighteners, curlers and hot rollers, and won’t go crunchy or damage your hair. Secondly, it won’t leave a dirty or flaky residue in your ‘do and lastly, it actually repels moisture, so you needn’t worry about the weather messing with your style!
What are your top tips for dealing with dirty hair that's a few days between washes?