How to: Lucy Hale's Teen Choice braid
Lucy Hale may not be Hollywood’s biggest heavyweight, but the braid she sported at this year’s Teen Choice Awards was definitely enough to stop us in our tracks and take note of the young star.
It should come as no surprise that the humble braid made yet another appearance on the red carpet – after all, we have been harping on about it being this year’s must-have hairstyle – but the thing we love most about Ms. Hales’ messy, textured plait is that’s so darn wearable (and cute) for an everyday look.
So if you’re just a little in love with Lucy’s Teen Choice Awards braid, here’s how you can create it yourself:
1) Blow-dry your hair with a barrel brush for a smooth finish. Use the VS Sassoon Big Hair Styler to give your hair that extra bit of volume.
2) Once dry, give your hair some loose waves. This will help give your hair more texture.
3) Spray your hair with some texturising spray to give your hair a matte finish and added volume (as well as hold). We like: Garnier Fructis Style Surf Hair Texturising Spray.
4) Gather your hair at the nape of your neck and bring it around to sit over your shoulder.
5) Tightly braid your hair and secure it with an elastic band.
6) To give your braid that messy look, loosen it up by gently pulling at the sections of the braid with your thumb and forefinger.
Watch the video below to find out how to create the Rapunzel braid
What’s your favourite no-fuss hairstyle?
Get all the latest trends, photos and news from bh: follow us on...