How-to: Emmy Rossum's upside down chignon
Sometimes we come across a celebrity hairstyle that we just can’t get enough of. A style that looks so chic and so stylish and so difficult to recreate that we just can’t bear it.
So we go to the experts to see if they have the answers, and don’t you know it – they often come back with the goods, like they have today. For Emmy Rossum’s stylish upside-down chignon, we turned to Remington Schulz, Salon Director at Brad Ngata Hair Design in Sydney’s Surry Hills,and he told us exactly how to recreate this look, in just six steps!
- Start by applying a generous apple-sized amount of Shu Uemura Ample Angora Volumising Light Foam to freshly washed hair. Work the product through your hair with your fingers from your mid-lengths to the ends.
- Create a definite, deep side part (using the high arch of your eyebrow for reference) and blow dry your hair smoothly using a large, round brush.
- Section your hair vertically all the way to the nape of your neck, leaving one section loose and the remainder clipped away. Use a large barrel tong to curl the large, loose section of hair by winding the barrel towards your face.
- Allow the curl to cool slightly and then roll it up the side of your head and secure tightly (in a rolled curl) with a bobby pin.
- Repeat this step on all sections until all of your hair is pinned around your head at ear level.
- Finish this style with a light mist of shine spray (like Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer) to give a glam finish.
To ensure the front of your hair looks just like Emmy’s, grab your fringe piece and curl it over the top, underneath, and back over the top of your large barrel tong, so that the curl bends back towards the back of your head. Position the curl on the side of your head and bobby pin it in place.
What is your favourite ever sophisticated evening hairstyle?
|The skin-refining tool reviewers adored...||The best hairstyles for your hair type revealed||Top foods to eat for clearer, youthful skin||Four things polished girls never ever do...|