Formal hair: four ways
Bh calls upon the expertise of Matt Jones, Artistic Director of Oscar Oscar Brisbane City Salon, master of dressing tresses and the ultimate formal hair hero.
Together, we bring you four seriously sleek celeb 'dos and show you step-by-step how to mimic them yourself for DIY fierce formal locks.
Look 1: Braided Beauty with Nicole Ritchie
Matt says: “This look is a great youthful up-style, with braids being a popular look on the runway and on celebrities alike!” Find a make-up look that’s perfect for this hairstyle ‘here’.
Get the look:
- This style is best performed on semi-dirty hair as it adds texture and grip to the hair, which will help the braid to hold.
- Part your hair down the centre from front to back.
- Starting from each temple, loosely braid both sides back and secure into a low ponytail.
- Now gently backcomb your ponytail for more texture and then twist the ponytail onto itself, as this will create a low bun. Secure this bun with bobby pins.
- Finish with hairspray to prevent fly-aways and you’re done.