So you’ve decided to grow out your fringe. Nice. It’s good to change up your look every now and then! The only downside? That awkward length about half-way through when it’s too short to incorporate into your look, and too long to keep wearing it as a fringe. Bummer, right?
Most people pin their fringe back with bobby pins, but that can look a little ‘schoolgirl-esque’ and isn’t really appropriate for a formal occasion. Why not try a style a la Vanessa Hudgens and find a fun and flirty way to incorporate these pieces into your look?
Soft curls around your face are super-foxy, and can be worn on a casual day out or a dressy evening out. Talk about versatile.
Want to know how to make it work? Here are a few simple steps…
– Start by parting your hair in the middle, and brushing out your strands.
– Use a straightening iron to make sure the fringe pieces are sleek and smooth from root to end.
– Wait around 20 minutes for your hair to cool down before styling again.
– Grab a curling tong and begin wrapping the fringe pieces around the tong away from your face. Repeat this step until each fringe piece has been curled.
– If your curls seem too ringlet-like, spritz them with a light hairspray like Aveda Witch Hazel Light Hold Hairspray, and then gently comb them out so they create a softer silhouette around your face.
What are your top tips for growing out a fringe?
Get all the latest trends, photos and news from bh: follow us on…