As soon as I spied Ms Winslet’s Old Hollywood waves on the August cover of US Harper’s (which hits stands today) I lusted, I loved – I had to have.
So I put a call in to man-in-the-know, Frank Apostolopoulos, Creative Director of BIBA Academy & Salons in Victoria, who had some handy hints to help recreate this glamorous get-up at home.
1. Firstly apply Wella System Professional Volumagic to towel-dried hair.
2. Part hair from left to right then blow-dry the hair with a large round brush (try:Elite Round Brush – with 100% boar bristles) to really pump up the thickness and volume in the hair – the hair needs to be bouncy and full for this style.
3. Once the hair is dry, grab random sections in the hair and curl from mid-length to the ends with hot tongs (try:VS Sassoon Ultimate 32mm Nano Curling Tong).
4. Once the curls are set, apply Wella System Professional Fluid Crystal Gloss to loosen and stretch out the hair, giving it a lived in feel, rather than really defined curls. Use your fingers to do this, lightly stretching the hair.
5. Finish by brushing the left part of the hair to the side, then pinning it back with the length loosely flowing to add a glamorous evening feel.
What style are you rocking right now?
Image credit: Peter Lindbergh / www.harpersbazaar.com