I know what you’re thinking. Could there be a sassier, sexier red carpet hairstyle? Probably not. This pretty side-parted sweep has it all; a sleek crown, a sassy side parting and brushed out waves that would bring Blake Lively to tears.
I have to gloat for just a second – and set the record straight. I’ve been rocking this look for quite some time. Well before Kelly Brooks whipped it out at the Keith Lemon The Film premiere in London recently. It’s the perfect Saturday night ‘do when you’re sick of poker-straight strands and run-of-the-mill curls.
So how do you achieve this look at home? Easy.
– Start with washed and straightened hair.
– Part your hair around 3-4cm to the right of your middle hair parting.
– Section your hair using your thumbs so that you have a thin row of hair near the nape of your neck that goes from ear to ear. Tie the rest of your hair on top of your head for later.
– Using a tong or ghd, begin curling small sections of hair until the entire row of hair is curled. (Check out how to achieve the perfect ghd curls right here…)
– Untie the rest of your hair and release a similar-sized row and begin to curl that hair as well. Repeat this step until all of the hair is curled.
– Grab a comb and brush out the curls so they bind together and form waves. Finish with a spritz of hairspray so that the waves don’t fall out. We like: Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Volumizing Hairspray.
– Once the curls have been brushed out, grab the front pieces of hair on the right hand side and tuck them behind your ear, securing with two bobby pins.
– Finish with a spritz of shine spray all over your hair. We love: TONI&GUY Moisturising Shine Spray for its ability to make hair look super-shiny without looking greasy.
Do you love Kelly Brook’s look? Is this something you’ll be recreating at home?
Get all the latest trends, photos and news from bh: follow us on…