The best hairstyle I've ever seen in my life
I don’t want to get too excited, but I think I’ve found my wedding hairstyle. Not that I’m engaged or anything (trust me, you’d know about it if I were!) but don’t girls always keep their eyes out for the perfect wedding dress or wedding ‘do – just in case?
Well, I do, and thanks to Blake Lively’s ridiculously amazing hair at the Charles James: Beyond Fashion’ Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, I’ve now found the style I want to walk down the aisle with.
Here are my top tips for creating this look:
- Add extensions. The thicker the hair, the better for this look. We’re almost certain Blake has a few extra hair pieces clipped in to her mane.
- Go deep with your side part. A deep side part spells glamour, so take your part as low as possible to enjoy a sweeping side fringe.
- Curl your hair really tightly. The tighter you curl your hair, the tighter it will set and the more shape it will keep once you brush it out when cooled.
- Go glamorous with your accessories. Use a show-stopping hair clip to secure your swept-up section of hair.
Anthony Nader, International Hair Stylist and owner of RAW Hair shares his tips for getting this incredible look at home:
- For longer lasting curls, make sure you have some shorter layers scattered through out your haircut, as this will give your ‘big night out’ curls more lasting power.
- Don't skip using volume mousse when you need to create those Hollywood ripples. On damp hair, saturate your strands evenly with the mousse and comb through with a wide-tooth comb before blow-drying.
- As you wind your hair around the curling tong, add a twist or two to your hair as you’re winding up the barrel. This will ensure the ‘corkscrew’ effect you’re wanting.
- For extra oomph, backcomb your roots with a bristle brush and spray them with a light hairspray before smoothing over the top layer of your hair with a comb.
A few tools to help you get the look:
Lady Jayne Two-Tone Tail Comb – perfect for sectioning.
muk Curl Stick – ideal for achieving picture-perfect curls.
White Sands Infinity Aerosol – perfect for adding lift, volume and hold to hair.
Do you love this look? How would you make it your own? What was your favourite look from the Met Gala?