How-to: create the perfect headwear for you
Ever wondered how some girls have the cutest hair accessories? Well look no more, today I am going to show you how to create your very own bow headband. You can wear this out to uni, first dates or a day at the races - pretty much anywhere!
What you need:
- Silk ribbon (length: 18cm)
- Lace ribbon (length: 13.5cm)
- Striped ribbon (length: 13cm)
- Cream grosgrain ribbon (length: 12cm)
- Plain gold headband
- Hot glue gun
Follow the steps to create your own unique headpiece…
1. Coat the edge of the satin ribbon with clear nailpolish. This will prevent the edges from fraying.
2. Using the hot glue gun, glue the ends of the ribbons together creating a circle.
3. Continue with the remaining two ribbons (lace & striped).
4. Position the three ribbons on top of each other, ensuring that they are in the centre of each other.
5. Mould the ribbons into the shape of a bow by squeezing the middle.
6. Secure the bow by wrapping the cream grosgrain ribbon around the centre of the bow. While you are wrapping the centre, don't forget to add the headband in and glue it down.
The best part about this DIY headband is that as long as you know the basics of creating a bow, you can pretty much customise it whichever way you like. I’ve created lots of other bows and attached them to clothes, hair clips and even shoes!!
Let me know how you go!
Ribbons and hot glue gun are purchased from Spotlight and the headband was purchased from Equip.
What is your favourite way to customise your look? How would you change this to suit your style?