12 yrs, 8 mths ago

Your best beauty secrets!

Have you got a beauty tip? Mine is that I like to line the waterline of my eye (upper & lower lids) with a soft pencil. It really makes the eyes ‘pop’. Does anyone else have good advice?

58 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

I poke a tiny hole in a Vitamin E capsule and squeeze a small amount on to my finger. Then I’ll apply along my lash line and under the eye. Make my eyelashes grow like crazy and keeps it healthy.

This is really interesting! I’ve never heard of this!! I’ll definitely have to try it!! 😀

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

I poke a tiny hole in a Vitamin E capsule and squeeze a small amount on to my finger. Then I’ll apply along my lash line and under the eye. Make my eyelashes grow like crazy and keeps it healthy.

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

Use jojoba oil to remove makeup
    Always apply sunscreen even during winter
    Rosehip oil is great to remove your blemishes
    Never sleep with makeup on
    Exfoliate at least every 2nd or 3rd day
    Manuka honey with anti-bacterial activities work great as mask (make sure your skin isnt allergic to it- test patch)

Love all of these.

Use pure rose water as a toner. It’s super cheap and it calms, tones and moisturises. I also find it works as an anti-irritant for stronger treatments that I might use afterwards.

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

Add olive oil or vaseline to your eyelashes everynight to naturally lengthen your lashes

I’ve heard this one before, does it work?
    Does it get in your eyes? I find that even when I use olive oil to remove eye makeup it gets in my eyes and leaves this weird film on them

Honestly, olive oil stings like a bitch if it gets into your eyes! I had to use it once when I ran out of coconut oil (the best conditioner for your hair and lashes IMO) and woah, I totally regret that!

Also, if it’s any help, I use Natural Instinct’s sunscreen and haven’t been burnt yet. On my face though, I use a moisturiser with an SPF in it. I’m currently between SPF moisturisers (Olay wasn’t working out and I’m saving up for a Kimberly Sayer one) and using U Little Beauty’s Dinki-di Day Cream which lacks SPF, sadly. You’d think an Australian company would produce an SPF moisturiser, but nope. 🙁

what spf is Natural Instincts? My face burns with spf15, but I actually find olay’s spf 30 works great for me. I know lots of my friends who have oily skin like the neutrogena ultra sheer ones

it’s so true about u little beauty. I love their night cream and clay mask, they’re both amazing

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

Add olive oil or vaseline to your eyelashes everynight to naturally lengthen your lashes

Does it get in your eyes? I find that even when I use olive oil to remove eye makeup it gets in my eyes and leaves this weird film on them

Honestly, olive oil stings like a bitch if it gets into your eyes! I had to use it once when I ran out of coconut oil (the best conditioner for your hair and lashes IMO) and woah, I totally regret that!

Also, if it’s any help, I use Natural Instinct’s sunscreen and haven’t been burnt yet. On my face though, I use a moisturiser with an SPF in it. I’m currently between SPF moisturisers (Olay wasn’t working out and I’m saving up for a Kimberly Sayer one) and using U Little Beauty’s Dinki-di Day Cream which lacks SPF, sadly. You’d think an Australian company would produce an SPF moisturiser, but nope. 🙁

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

Manuka honey with anti-bacterial activities work great as mask (make sure your skin isnt allergic to it- test patch)

Oh how could I forget sunscreen, I swear by it! I always wear spf30+, it’s the best anti aging product!
    What sunscreen do you use?

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

A lovely Lady (Divine Diva) gave me this tip……use Rose Hip Oil as eye makeup remover. It works so well, instantly, no rubbing required and has helped alot with my sensitive eyes 🙂

K I’m glad I could help! It does work a treat and it can be less expensive than some makeup removers. 🙂

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

It really does work ! But i prefer vaseline because its not runny, so it cant get in your eyes, unlike olive oil 🙂

• 11 yrs, 10 mths ago

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.