15 yrs, 4 mths ago

wii fit

hey everyone for christmas i received a wii from my boyfriend and i absolutely love it all the exercises with the wii fit
board and everything!
if you have a wii or thinking about gettin a wii what are
your views opinions?
esp love yoga

41 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

I agree. Go hard with anything and you are bound to get injuries. Especially repetetive strain injuries.

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

I think it is just like anything though, you should warm up before doing exercise, wii fit is no different.

As it says in the text Doctor Mukerjee said injuries resulted in overuse of the console, not the console itself I think it just comes down to everything in moderation.

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Laquered cherry lipgloss this is scary but thanks for the heads up! i hope no one here gets put off though, it would still be allright to do every now and again wouldnt it?
    x x x

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

That is really scary!
    Now i am frightened to use my Wii Fit! (which i cannot wait to setup soon in my new house and start using again! i havent used it since October when I lived in Melbourne!) 🙁

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Hi everybody! There have been some concerns over Wii Fit causing muscle injuries if you don`t warm up before a session. – http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/703543/wii-gamers-warned-you-may-end-up-in-hospital

Gaming buffs have been warned that playing too much of Nintendo`s Wii could cause more pain than joy.

The popular gaming console — likely to be found under many Christmas trees this year — is sending people to hospitals, FOX News reports.

According to doctors in Britain, gamers are being admitted with “”Wii-itis”” — the name given to tendon stretching and tearing that can occur after playing tennis or running games.

“”It`s possible Wii-itis may lead to rheumatism or arthritis later in life,”” Dr Dev Mukerjee of Broomfield Hospital in Essex was quoted as saying.

“”Patients often have inflammation of the shoulder or wrist.””

Doctor Mukerjee said injuries resulted in overuse of the console, not the console itself.

Another injury, “”Wii-knee””, is caused by the constant bending of the knee required in the exercise game Wii-Fit.

Gamers are required to complete a rigorous exercise regime which includes yoga, aerobic and balance workouts.

In some cases, people have dislocated their knee.

Doctors treat the condition with cortisone injections, icing, and anti-inflammatory painkillers.

Stretching before playing games on the Wii may prevent injuries, doctors advise.

that`s from ninemsn

• 15 yrs, 3 mths ago

Pink Diva MUA ur soo lucky!! i REALLY want to get one but as i said before i cant afford it atm… did u buy it on special?

• 15 yrs, 3 mths ago

lol that sounds awesome im definitely going to check out that one!!

• 15 yrs, 3 mths ago

Wii sounds so great! I really want to get wii fit! I also hear that Jillian Michaels (The Biggest Loser) has a wii game coming out too- it`s sorta like a boot camp deal where she bosses you around… for the first time in my life I want to turn to my TV and say “”Boss me around!”” 🙂 It`s all fun and games, xoxo.

• 15 yrs, 3 mths ago

lol i think its brill apart from the fact the graphics arent that crash hot as xbox 360 and ps 3, nintendo will bring more out tho!

• 15 yrs, 3 mths ago

Hi Jenn_Rach,
    I think you might be referring to wii sports as you can play two player tennis, bowling, golf and others 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.