1 yr, 11 mths ago

What are your thoughts on travelling overseas now?

I so want to travel again but still feel very unsure and don’t want to get stuck in another country.What do you all think about taking the risk ?

39 comments 24 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

I would now, but I’d be careful. I’m fully vaccinated and think I’m probably as likely to get covid here as I would be overseas at this stage.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

No plans at the moment. Havent caught covid and fairly cautions about it still.
    I would like to go to Japan again but they dont allow tourist again at the moment anyway. But no real desire to go straight away,

thought havent had a holiday in 2 plus years so would love a short trip in Australia sometime. Just to get away from Sydney for a bit!

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

I thought I responded to this earlier this week but it has gone missing.

My partner and I have travelled a lot overseas pre-COVID (probably over 50 countries). We have a family wedding in the UK that was postponed so we would be able to attend. We’re off the UK for that and to see other family and friends. If it wasn’t for the wedding we would be happy to stay and explore more of Oz for holidays for another year.

We haven’t had COVID and have been super careful about it but feel that we’ll probably get it in the UK with all the travelling around we have to do to see so many family members.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Gonna try & post this again since it disappeared when I did it the other day…

Although I understand people’s hesitancy in not wanting to travel overseas right now, I’m also of the opinion that you can’t put life on hold forever & that you’re just as likely to get the ‘rona within your own backyard as you would overseas (granted, being on home soil is much more advantageous in that instance, but still). All you can do is take every precaution you can & hope for the best really.

I am going to be heading to the US for my brother’s wedding later this year & doing some travelling around the north-east & then to the Caribbean on another cruise, so fingers crossed neither I nor my parents get struck down again with the spicy cough.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

I am comfortable to travel to the UK to visit family & any other country that has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia. I won’t be going to countries that do not.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

My husband and I have both travelled to nearly 100 countries and to every continent and are grateful that we have been able to travel so extensively and for the experiences we’ve had on our travels and the people we’ve met. At the moment for us Covid has changed the way we think about travel. It worries me about getting it overseas and being stuck and not able to get home. Some countries still have covid entry requirements which are inconvenient. Not planning on travelling overseas at the moment.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Thank you Hayley. I wish we had done the traveling you have done. We retired a couple of years ago and we hoping to take our time a travel Europe and Canada and of course we often have done trips to OZ . I think we will need to wait at least another year. We did one lovely river cruise in Europe and the Alaska trip but it did wet our lips for more .

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

I know a lady who came over to Aus from the Uk and got caught here. She was coming for 6 months and has now been here for 3 years!! She has now managed to get flight back to the Uk sorted and leaves on the 19th June. I certainly would not have liked to be in her shoes.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

We got one overseas trip in before Covid hit the brakes on travel. At the moment, we aren’t going anywhere and I have family interstate. Also I just had Covid. I’m not risking getting it again.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Someone from work went interstate to Melbourne with his partner for a weekend and they both got covid a few days after returning. Guess you can get it anywhere.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Sure can. I just had COVID at the beginning of the month & had to quarantine at the Gold Coast (had been travelling prior, first to Dubbo & then to Moree, where my dad caught it before passing it on to my mum & I. We didn’t test until we got to the GC, so we didn’t know if we were positive or not). It was a wasteful end to the holiday, but at least we had a great view whilst quarantining.

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

Sadly I have never ventured overseas & now with the uncertain world we are living in, I doubt I ever will 🙁

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

My sister just travelled over to Austria to stay with her son who owns a hotel/bnb/restaurant and then after 2 months she is off to spend 2 months with another son in America. She seems to be doing really well over there at the moment which is great as she has just come out of a difficult marriage.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.