5 yrs, 10 mths ago

What are the number one babycare products you ended up using all time for your newborn to ones you never rarely did?

What is the must haves baby care products u ended up needing most?
Plus the not so must haves for newborn’s

Any advice welcomed as new bundle of joy is due to arrive this mouth an need all tips we can get for babycare 🙂

25 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 11 mths ago

I’ve reported Mertol‘s post as spam.

• 5 yrs, 7 mths ago

This is not a product but I bought my friend a mimco baby bag for her shower and she loved it and is using it for her second. Also makes a great weekender, apparently!

• 5 yrs, 7 mths ago

Medela Swing Pump and Sudocrem!

Cloth nappies, hemp liners and snappies…

• 5 yrs, 7 mths ago

pinchme80 has been big help an given me grate advice love my sister ! x

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

I think it’s important not to stock up on anything before your baby is born! What works for one baby won’t work for all. I heard of someone that had a year’s worth of Huggies nappies ready for when their baby came along and I really hope they could use them because my baby wasn’t the right shape for them. I used the newborn size and they were fine, but once we moved into the second size they were an odd fit and the nappies leaked all the time. We tried Thank You nappies and they were even worse, and we now use Aldi nappies and they are the best fit for my little one. I use Aldi fragrance free wipes too, and sudocream has been the best barrier cream we’ve used (I have tried a stack!). My baby (now 8 months) has sensitive skin and eczema so we use Q.V. bath oil and gaia shampoo, and dermeze face and body lotion.
    I second the recommendation to buy cloth nappies for all kinds of things (besides actual nappies!) – but don’t go the terry towelling option because liquids run straight off it and aren’t absorbed as well as the flannelette variety. I had two packets of these and they were so handy!
    https://www.babybunting.com.au/4baby-flannelette-nappies-10-pack-white.html

Also, if feeding is tricky, try a Medela nipple shield. We had to use one every feed until baby was about 4 months old.

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

Hi, I second the use of Waterwipes. They are more expensive but the most moisturising, wet (so easy to get little one clean), no fragrance and for us seemed to be the gentlest. I have since moved onto other wipes now that my bub is a bit older but during that newborn stage they were perfect and worth the price.

The best nappy cream is one that I get posted form Beauty and the Bees – a Tasmania company. It is a beautiful natural product called Honey & Herb Botty Butter. My little one has never had a nappy rash and I put it down to this amazing product. Can’t speak highly enough of it and have recommended it to multiple friends who also love it. I also use it on dry patches or cuts/abrasions and it seems to help the healing process too.

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

Hi Pinchme80, I found Huggies nappies, fragrance free wipes (aldi) my gotos. Sudocream and lucas pawpaw ointment – only if they get nappy rash. Cradlecap- head&shoulders 2in1 worked wonders.

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

Wipes! Actually loved the old Woolies ones in the green packaging. Lucky my two boys never got nappy rush. I also loved GIA products for bath, moisturiser etc. Little pricey but i’d bulk on when on special.

• 5 yrs, 9 mths ago

Buy in bulk is good idea hoping he is good with nappy rash 🙂

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

Huggies nappies were the best so got two newborn boxes on special before needing to go to infant. Tried other nappies but a lot were explosion fails so ended up using them during the day. I haven’t used nappies in over 5 years now so quality of other brands may be better? Liked the thickness of Huggies wipes. My bubs skin tolerated Q.V. baby skincare well as well as Gaia to name a few.

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

Best wishes Pinchme.
    I needed everyday : baby wipes , bibs , baby shampoo and bath , nappies ( get bulk when on special ) , and baby carry bag in case I had to walk to the locals with a pram or stroller with a rattle for boredom.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.