16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Wedding Make up

I am getting married soon and doing my own make up. Can anyone help me with some tips to make it last the day.

19 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 8 mths ago

I am a MUA and I would still get someone else to do MY makeup! LOL.
    For those of you who choose to do it yourselves, book into a cosmetics counter as they do $50-$80 makeup lessons redeemable on products. This means they can teach you some tricks and you can purchase the colours and products you need at the same time. PERFECT!
    OTHERWISE, if you need a Makeup Artist in NSW, contact me and see my makeup shots at: http://www.tammerly.com

• 15 yrs, 8 mths ago

oopsky my fingers are quick as lightning lol..www.fotinihatzis.com

• 15 yrs, 8 mths ago

Hi Roberta

Leading up to a girls big day there are so many opportunities to take advantage of ensuring the focus remains on the bride.
    I took the opportunity to have a makeup artist do my hair and makeup almost ala naturale and from this experience the utmost care and attention was provided at a reasonable cost.
    This artist has gone on to bigger things ala celebrities with television and international status. Based on my experience her rise to such opportunities is her down to earth approach and too the genuine care kindess and love that eminents from this wonderful women.

Have a peek a boo at her website which will lead you to her myspace page and I know you like I will delighted to have made the choice to enjoy the pampering we girls deserve!

Blessings

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

I agree with Sharna2, I just got married in May & had decided I would do my own makeup too, so about 6 months before I took myself to all the counters at Myer & DJs so I could get an idea of the different looks & products, well I came away so utterly confused. Every counter had a different idea of what would be `perfect` & once I started realising the prices on all these items the costs were escalating out of control, plus I began to realise even though I do my own makeup everyday & have done for many years I still hadn`t found HGs of most items, nor did I possess the expertise & tricks that a real MA knew. So I ended up just getting a MA to do it & I was so pleased with the results. My MA was brilliant, she came on high recommendations, I got a trial before so we could discuss & refine my look, she knew exactly what would work on me & on the day I got to sit back & relax while someone else attended me. Trust me roberta2000, unless you know exactly what you want already & have the products it will actually be cheaper & lot less stressful to have a MA do it for you. Good luck with it all, remember to breath & enjoy yourself!

• 15 yrs, 9 mths ago

Thanks, I just posted a dilemma about my friend`s wedding in November, because we are trying to decide about hair and makeup for it. I didn`t realise there was a post for wedding makeup already, I`ve got some good ideas now, thanks!

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Check the internet for tips or different hairdresers

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Awesome tips i get married in October so i have been searching the internet for tips on practically everything to do with weddings so this information is great

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Wow, thanks girls for your fantastic replies.

Beautygal you are a gem. There are some really good tips in there. How about the “”leave the bottom lashes clean””? That is the best one I think.

Can anyone recommend a good long lasting lipstick? I have seen some that come with two parts. You paint one over the other. Has anyone used one? How did it last?

Once again thanks to all.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

impressed! thanks to all the helpful people 🙂 wish i wasnt so clueless and had some good tips

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

wow thats alot of tips beautygal. i love how everybody on this site has heaps of good tips.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.