melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
Founding Member
Platinum
14 yrs, 9 mths ago

Wax Strips

I have heaps of waxaway wax strips. Has anyone tried these and know if they work. I have never tried waxing I just shave all the time. Hate it too!!!

17 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 9 yrs, 5 mths ago

Wax strips are good but I prefer letting the beautician do it for me since it`s cleaner and they do a better job than if I do it myself. I use mini wax strips for my upper lip area though and it`s pretty easy to use, and in that case I do it myself.

• I love beauty
    Bronze
    I love beauty
    Founding Member
    9 yrs, 6 mths ago

i wax my legs and use calico i just buy it from spotlight and cut it up, it`s cheaper than some wax strips.

• neetyPlatinumNeety
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 6 mths ago

I don`t mind getting waxed… as long as it is a beautician doing it. I have tried some wax strips and I found they didn`t do as good a job as a beautician. Or maybe, I just didn`t want to pull so hard on the strips I`d hurt myself 🙂

• stephfanniPlatinumStephfanni
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 6 mths ago

only every used wax strips once ened in a gross sticky green line of wax and my upper lip and still hairs don`t know wether i did something wrong but it hurl like hell and the hair was still there and so was a thin layer of the wax, took loads of scrubbing to get off, i think i`ll stick to the beauticitan or bleaching

• LorettaPlatinumLoretta
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 6 mths ago

That`s not as expensive as I was expecting – thanks gemini. I will consider getting one, it would definitely be cheaper in the long run – except I don`t think I would do my own eyebrows.

• Gem xxxPlatinumGem xxx
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 6 mths ago

I brought mine from beauty stockists for around $60 – $90, just depends on what quality you want, and I brought two aliminium pots, that slip in and out, one for the hard wax (legs) and soft wax (bikini, underarms) may seem expensive, but just remember a full body wax is anywhere from $70 upwards, so you`ll make your money back, and its well worth it. I save heaps doing it myself, thats the only down side, you have to be a contortionist..he..he..or get a friend to help out.

• evalovesbobo
    Bronze
    Evalovesbobo
    Founding Member
    14 yrs, 6 mths ago

yea i hate those wax strips too. i use the one in a pot and its really good because its water soluble so theres no mess.

• LorettaPlatinumLoretta
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 6 mths ago

I hate those wax strips, they`re terrible to use. I prefer to go to a salon, but I would like to find a better way of waxing at home. BO – approximately how much are wax heaters? I think that could be the way to go for me

• clearcrystalwaterPlatinumClearcrystalwater
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 7 mths ago

I find they don`t work like the wax in the pot. They are a bit dumb actually – in my personal view, as they don`t really work very well at all. I have over the years tried many brands and types of waxing and the pot of wax that melts is the best and effective for me and is closest to what they use in a beauty salon (which I have also had done and was the most effective of all). My advice – if you have the time, go to a salon where it is so quick and the least painful of all as they are experts. It doesn`t cost as much as people think either. Very effective, just a hassle to make that appointment is all.

• soniar
    Bronze
    Soniar
    Founding Member
    14 yrs, 8 mths ago

I don`t know about other wax strips but the waxaway ones are really good. Does a great job of taking all the hair off. If they don`t work very well for you, try applying a little bit of talcum powder to your skin before you use the wax.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.