14 yrs, 6 mths ago

Washing your Hair

How often should you wash your hair as i wash my hair every 3-4 days but today i got my hair cut and the girl who cut it recommended i wash my hair every 2nd day. The lady is a trainee but she might be right about my hair as it is almost summer.

437 comments 60 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 3 mths ago

I wash mine twice a week and have dry shampoo just in case I’m looking a bit oily or if my hair washing schedule doesn’t quite match up with my swimming schedule.

• 1 yr, 3 mths ago

Unfortunately due to suffering from oily hair, I need wash my hair daily if I’m going out or working. I try to skip washing it when I’m home, but I’m lucky to get to the end of the second day without it becoming really greasy. I am always trying to extend my wash free days & every time I go camping I just tie it up & let it go in the hopes I can slow the oil production. It sometimes works for a while and I manage to get away with washing it every second or third day but unfortunately it very quickly reverts back to needing daily washes. I feel I am stuck in the situation were over washing my hair has cause my oily hair issues but now I can’t undo it without going through an extended period of gross greasy hair. To make things worse, I can’t stand the chalky feeling I get when using dry shampoo either 🙁

• 1 yr, 3 mths ago

I used to wash my hair twice or thrice in a week when i have time to treat it with sunlight. The habit of drying hair with sunlight after wash is the right way to treat your scalp and hair better to avoid many hair problems.

• 1 yr, 6 mths ago

I used to wash my hair every day because I used shampoos that weren’t good for my hair. Now I use Jasmine Rae from Lange and my hair looks much better. I found this shop here https://lange.pissedconsumer.com/review.html. They have really good hair products, not just shampoos.

• 1 yr, 7 mths ago

I am almost impressed you guys dig up and bother to reply to a thread that is 12 years old. Feel free to chime in on the more recent posts and leave these decades old posts in peace.

• 1 yr, 7 mths ago

Haha @Ethelinde they are clearly not a regular forumite (like me) who never gets past one page of Latest Comments on the forum.
      Must be the Advanced Members who search the forums for topics – that’s beyond me with the new website 🙂

• 1 yr, 7 mths ago

I also wash my hair every second day and I do apply shampoo twice a week. But this totally depends on my lifestyle and the weather where I live. I could be more frequent or less frequent.

• 1 yr, 8 mths ago

I wash it every second day but in summer I should do it every day.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I have a problem with washing my hair often – I started doing it every day so my hair got used to it and now I suffer from it – I wash it in the morning, and by the evening they are greasy

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

wash your hair twice or thrice a week. Use chemical free shampoo and don’t apply direct on your scalp.

• 14 yrs, 2 mths ago

I wash mine generally every second day, with the icky weather in sydney at the minute though it`s every day to get rid of the sweat out of my hair 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.