2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Turning 50 this month

My 50th is on January 26, Australia Day. I’ve never been a big birthday person, I haven’t really got anything planned, might have gone out for dinner but having second thoughts about it now with so much covid about. Any suggestions for something to do?

7 comments 8 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Definitely picnic! Happy 50th for this month 🙂

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

The picnic idea sounds nice – & COVID-safe. I’m still being careful, too.

Look out for a special 50 cake on the day, on the Having a birthday … thread, @Hayley644!

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I have a friend who does catered picnics with grazing platters, a grass gazebo and seating. Their are probably lots of small business’s who do this type of thing if you want something a bit different that is more open than a restaurant.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

That sounds lovely and being in the open on these hot days would be lovely too. Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy the day.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Unfortunately it is hard to even organise a celebration of any birthday since covid happened. Even just going out for a nice dinner somewhere seems to be amiss. All I can think of is dinner in and chill out with a movie.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I hope that whatever you choose you have a wonderful 50th. Enjoy yourself and I just go for it.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Happy 50th! Nice lunch picnic, if you want to make it something special you can have those catered picnics, where they do a pretty set up and bring the food.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.