selina
Bronze
Selina
Founding Member
14 yrs, 9 mths ago

Thin Lizzy fake/bad or ???

Has anyone tried the thin lizzy bronzer thats advertised on tv? Or Proactiv? Have u ever bought products that have been advertised on tv or the internet and have these products lived up to your expectations and promises made by the producers? Honestly they look too good to be true! But then again…so tempting! haha

89 comments 32 voices

Replies

• jatzPlatinumJatz
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    9 yrs, 4 mths ago

I have used Thin Lizzy from when it hit the market yearsssssssss ago. My older sister who never wears make-up and always looks pale and so needs colour on her face…….I bought her some for her b`day and she is loving it. She keeps telling me all the compliments she gets now that she is wearing it. Shes over 60 also.

When you apply the Thin Lizzy, you only start off with a small amount because if you are too heavy handed it will go too dark for you skin even if you use the light colour.

I find it great to put a light glow on my legs also. Great product Thin Lizzy and I love how you are able to buy it in selected chemists now. Years ago it was only online.

• 9 yrs, 4 mths ago

I bought the lighter shade even though I have a bit of a tan and I like the way it works.

I don`t wear a lot of make up normally, so this is perfect for me because it works for giving an all over finish and a slight bronzer effect. I only use a little bit, otherwise I look like a roasted chook.

• Catn2kittensPlatinumCatn2kittens
    Platinum
    9 yrs, 4 mths ago

yeah, its so tempting that Thin Lizzy compact. when they said you could use it for foundation, luminator, eyeshadow, i was sold! but then when they said that you could use it as a lip gloss it got ridiculous. when the people applied it, it was already applied, and so i couldnt trust it. that and when they showed the compact powder it looked pretty average.

I thought so too but when I followed their instructions (which is piss easy) I couldn`t believe how much my lips glowed with my face, I was stunned!!!

“”Piss easy?”” I have never heard anyone say that before – I just know when I see Thin Lizzy products now I`m going think of the word piss every time lol! I have heard good things about the concealer though and it comes in nice pale shades, it`s on my maybe list 🙂

• jessyrahhPlatinumJessyrahh
    Platinum
    10 yrs ago

I tried both Proactiv and Thin Lizzy. Hate to say it but both were bad. Proactic only works on some skin types, it dried my face out so much as well as my cousins. I did not see any results and when i stopped using proactiv my face felt a whole lot better, I`m now using KORA which is an organic product line and it works wonders.
    Thin Lizzy however was given to me by my grandmother who hated it and gave it to me to see if it would be any better on me. Needless to say it was not. She purchased the lighter shade and when we both applied it, it was SO dark on me my face was noticeably darker than the rest of me and im pretty tan. We both wouldnt purchase thin lizzy again, however the only good thing about Thin Liizzy was the brown/black eyeliner duo. That is one of the best eyeliners I have ever used.

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thin Lizzy was just as bad looking on me. I`m not exactly an albino but i may as well have stuck my face in a bowl of orange clay powder. And that was with just one thin layer.

Really sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with our product. Can you tell me if you have dark or light shade of Thin Lizzy powder?
    Why don`t you try it again and just use a really small amount on your cheeks as a blusher, around your hairline and as a face framer. Use a little bit on your forehead, nose and chin then take it down your neck and décolletage.
    And really, just use a tiny amount and rotate the brush. I hope you get better results next time and please feel free to email us at thinlizzy@thinlizzytv.com. We can either call you back and go through step by step instruction or email you more info.
    Thank you for purchasing it and looking forward to hearing from you,
    T.L. 🙂

• 10 yrs, 4 mths ago

Thin Lizzy isn`t good at all for pale skin, so I`ve found. I think it`s better suited for darker/olive skin tones. It makes my pale skin look dirty.

Hello Michellelinda,

Thin Lizzy here,

I know how this can work for you. First of all, are you using the dark or light shade? Hopefully it`s the light. When you put the brush into the compact, tap the brush a couple of times on your hand and shake off any excess powder, then try again. I recommend you just dust it over your cheeks, frame your face and put a little over your forehead, nose and chin.
    I hope you get better results next time and please feel free to email us at thinlizzy@thinlizzytv.com. We can either call you back and go through a step by step instruction or email you more info.
    Thank you for purchasing it & looking forward to hearing from you.
    T.L. 🙂

• 10 yrs, 5 mths ago

Both were atrocious in my opinion.

My sister tried proactiv years ago when they did a sensitive one and it was awful on her skin… wasn`t too bad on mina after a couple of days of feeling tight and a bit red it settled down and actually made my skin feel soft. I used it for a few weeks til it ran out and couldn`t afford to buy more at the time.

Went to try it again recently and found they didn`t do sensitive anymore but changed the formula so i gave it a go, IT WAS HORRIBLE!!

My face came up swollen and red with a disgusting rash all over after using it only once one night. I had to stay indoors nearly a week until it had settled down and that was with washing it genty (just warm water) and lathering on the sorbolene cream about 3 times a day.

Thin Lizzy was just as bad looking on me. I`m not exactly an albino but i may as well have stuck my face in a bowl of orange clay powder. And that was with just one thin layer.

I now use Nude by Nature and i love it.

• makeupdiva23PlatinumMakeupdiva23
    Platinum
    10 yrs, 5 mths ago

its a bit boring if you ask me, i wouldnt want one makeup product, but its good for people on the go i guess for a quick touchup. i dont think it does all it claims either.

• Lana LangPlatinumLana Lang
    Platinum
    10 yrs, 5 mths ago

Thin Lizzy isn`t good at all for pale skin, so I`ve found. I think it`s better suited for darker/olive skin tones. It makes my pale skin look dirty.

• 10 yrs, 6 mths ago

Thin Lizzy is a great bronzer and if you have a darker olivy skin like me, it works beautifully as a foundation too! The brush is nice light and easy to use. Best bronzer/foundation I`ve ever had!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.