12 yrs, 6 mths ago

The Holy Grail to Weight Loss?

Just to be clear, I AM NOT PROMOTING ANY PRODUCT, ok?

So, I’ve been picking the brain of a health expert, and she tells me that the key to weight loss lies in alkalizing our bodies.

At first, I thought yeah yeah, another quack-new-agey theory blahblah. But the more I read, the more it seemed to make sense.

Many people nowadays suffer from the over-acidification of their body, also known as acidosis. All food we ingest influences our body pH level. By consuming acid-forming or acidic food, like continental breakfast, hot-dogs, muffins or coke, our body is continuously fighting to neutralize the excessive acid and to retain pH balance.

Symptoms of a pH imbalance can be weight problems such as overweight, as well as other health conditions such as allergies, arthritis, acne and heart attacks.

Here’s an excerpt from a site about alkalizing
http://www.balance-ph-diet.com/index.html:

‘An alkaline diet thus helps to boost your energy levels, improve skin, reduce allergies and enhance mental clarity.

‘Above that, when pH balance is achieved, the body instinctively drops to its ideal, healthy weight. As soon as the acidic environment is eliminated, there will be no need for new fat cells to form, and the remaining fat in your body is no longer needed to store acid wastes, and therefore simply melts away. An alkaline way of life will restore good health; you will not only see but also feel the difference.’

When I clicked on the list of alkalizing foods
http://www.balance-ph-diet.com/acid_alkaline_food_chart.html
I noticed that soy is highly alkaline.

I wonder, could this be why asians are generally more slender than other races?

Could this be the holy grail to weight-loss?

5 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 12 yrs, 5 mths ago

all these crazies seem silly eat well and exercise, you just need to keep it simple but stick to it

• 12 yrs, 5 mths ago

I know there is this diet where you only eat lean meat as well as yoghurt for a week. And then the following week you add veges, and then after that you can eat everything else. I think it’s called a Dukan Diet. My friend just started to go on it!

• 12 yrs, 6 mths ago

I work in health care and that is not the HG to weight loss. The only thing that is, is a pure lifestyle change. That is simply healthy eating and exercise…nothing else will ever compare. Also pH of food and drink that we consume has nothing to do with weight gain or loss. The body has a range of pH levels and they are strictly maintained to decimal points otherwise you’d be very ill or dead. An item of food or drink will not change this like the hype claims. I’d be very wary of the “health expert” you have recieved this from…

• 12 yrs, 6 mths ago

im a medical student and the science of this theory seemed like all types of wrong
    i havent studied this type of diet and performed clinical trails or anything like that, so i might be wrong, but from a quick google search ive found that neither have the supporters of this diet and this diet is very critisized.
    i very much doubt this is holy grail worthy

I’m glad you posted your comments. I’ve been trawling the net for more information, but it’s rather sketchy.

I’m willing to at least try to eating more of the foods listed as alkaline, because it means including more vegetables and cutting out sugars in my diet, which can’t be a bad thing.

• 12 yrs, 6 mths ago

im a medical student and the science of this theory seemed like all types of wrong
    i havent studied this type of diet and performed clinical trails or anything like that, so i might be wrong, but from a quick google search ive found that neither have the supporters of this diet and this diet is very critisized.
    i very much doubt this is holy grail worthy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.