captaincheekyPlatinumCaptaincheeky
Platinum
13 yrs, 3 mths ago

The Acne topic

Hiya all
Since there are a lot of acne sufferers (in the world, and on BH), i thought it would be good to start a new thread dedicated to the topic of Acne –pimples, blackheads, the whole shebang. I know there are a lot of topics out there about spots and pustles and breakouts, but this is specifically for tips, tricks, and product reccomendations (that have worked for you). I hope this covers face acne, bacne, (buttne, hehe) and anything for pimples! Also if you have acne-related questions, post them here and hopefully someone will know the solution to your question!

So my contribution is:
Avoid using harsh exfoliants (or ones containing large particles) when you have pustles (or pimples that contain pus!) as they might cause the tip of the pustle to come off, and without proper care of that pesky pimple after its been popped, it might lead into an acne scar.

1,062 comments 185 voices

Replies

• 1 mth, 2 wks ago

Man oh man. I ended up hormonal acne in my late twenties. Only Derm-alMD Acne Cream has been part of my skin routine in the morning (sometimes at night) and it makes my red blemishes go AWAY! I feel like my skin is getting softer too.

• 2 mths, 1 w ago

I may share advices which helped me one day – try using Benzoyl Peroxide for acne. It is available in every pharmacy and is very effective in fighting acne.
    Thoroughly wash the affected areas twice a day with warm water and unscented, non-greasy soap, and treat them with calendula tincture, which will not only relieve inflammation, but also reduce the likelihood of scarring. And by no means use facial scrubs, as you will only make it worse and spread the infection all over your face.
    Be careful not to touch your face with dirty hands, much less scratch it. Sometimes it happens automatically when you are very absorbed in something – watching a movie or reading an exciting book. But there are people who have a constant touch of the face becomes a habit. If you are of this type, you should remember that the more often you touch your nose, forehead, chin, the more likely there will be acne on them.

• 2 mths, 2 wks ago

After trying so many products, I finally settled to one. For acne and troubled skin, I highly recommend Nellie Tier (nz). I bought mine online. Via email, they helped me build my right skincare routine according to my skin concern, since I don’t want to do much trial and error. Basically, I suffer from acne and rosacea from time to time. I am using their wash, spritz, serum, and moisture. Just 4 steps, and now I have clear skin. It may not work for everybody, but I just thought this might help. 🙂

• xoFatimaPlatinumXoFatima
    Platinum
    8 yrs, 3 mths ago

If people are still suffering and haven`t found what works for them, after 25 years, lots and lots of painful and horrible `treatments` and products, I read about Paula`s Choice and started using the CLEAR stuff – the exfoliate is the best in the three step for me (well, the only vital everyday step for me personally), but the gel helps when I get totally stressed too.

You can get just a small trial kit for not a huge outlay, which helps to see if its for you or not – it really has changed my life (and I know that sounds drama queen, but seriously, being over the age of 30 and still having pustules, deep cystic acne and just horrid `normal` white and black heads I literally used to sob at the mirror most days – now I can actually a) wear make up to effect and b) don`t cry when I look in the mirror on bad days, plus I`m not in constant agony.)

Just putting it here in case anyone hasn`t heard of it, I wish I`d found it sooner! 🙂

I read your reply in the `Just Blogged` thread too, thanks for the information 🙂

Have you tried any of the Paula`s Choice products aimed at reducing/fading acne dark spots? x

• hilary79PlatinumHilary79
    Platinum
    8 yrs, 3 mths ago

If people are still suffering and haven`t found what works for them, after 25 years, lots and lots of painful and horrible `treatments` and products, I read about Paula`s Choice and started using the CLEAR stuff – the exfoliate is the best in the three step for me (well, the only vital everyday step for me personally), but the gel helps when I get totally stressed too.

You can get just a small trial kit for not a huge outlay, which helps to see if its for you or not – it really has changed my life (and I know that sounds drama queen, but seriously, being over the age of 30 and still having pustules, deep cystic acne and just horrid `normal` white and black heads I literally used to sob at the mirror most days – now I can actually a) wear make up to effect and b) don`t cry when I look in the mirror on bad days, plus I`m not in constant agony.)

Just putting it here in case anyone hasn`t heard of it, I wish I`d found it sooner! 🙂

• AliceJaneInNewcastlePlatinumAliceJaneInNewcastle
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    8 yrs, 4 mths ago

Sadly, quoting the spam only acts to help it rank higher in search engines, which is the whole point of the spam in the first place. The spammers don`t care what damage they do to the product that they are promoting, as long as its position in web searches is higher, as that is what they get paid for.

• 8 yrs, 4 mths ago

Try Jarvis Cream & Serum to get rid on acne.
    Jarvis Cream helps skin invulnerable framework to be at the most healthiest condition and Jarvis Serum enter through skin, actuate the dead platelets with the goal that the blood can stream unreservedly once more.
    My recommendation is on the basis of clinical trial I earlier finished. It is best product I ever get in budget and provide results too.

Hi, I have noticed you are making a lot of similar replies and in one thread your tips have been copied word for word from another prominent beauty website. Please note that although you may in fact be a real person and not just a forum bot, this kind of behaviour only works negatively for you as it reflects very poorly on the brand you are speaking off, which makes it useless to try and promote it in this way.

Well said Scray Scray.

• Scray ScrayPlatinumScray Scray
    Platinum
    8 yrs, 4 mths ago

Try Jarvis Cream & Serum to get rid on acne.
    Jarvis Cream helps skin invulnerable framework to be at the most healthiest condition and Jarvis Serum enter through skin, actuate the dead platelets with the goal that the blood can stream unreservedly once more.
    My recommendation is on the basis of clinical trial I earlier finished. It is best product I ever get in budget and provide results too.

Hi, I have noticed you are making a lot of similar replies and in one thread your tips have been copied word for word from another prominent beauty website. Please note that although you may in fact be a real person and not just a forum bot, this kind of behaviour only works negatively for you as it reflects very poorly on the brand you are speaking off, which makes it useless to try and promote it in this way.

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Such an interesting thread, and comforting to know that acne is something we all seem to go through. I have had horrible skin since 12, and I go through phases where my skin is “”decent””, and others, especially around my period, where I break out like crazy. I also have sensitive skin, so the redness associated with that, combined with my acne, makes it difficult to full cover with makeup.

I was wondering if you girls have recommendations for a good primer for acne-prone, sensitive skin? I find that the areas I break out can have dry and flaky skin, so foundation actually emphasises my blemishes. I need something which is moisturising yet acts effectively in ensuring that my foundation stays put all day on my oily skin. Thanks!

Sounds like you have combination skin. I also have combination sensitive skin. In terms of something that is good for dry flakiness, I have not found any primer or foundation which doesn`t emphasise. However the secret there is to exfoliate all the dead skin (you have use a face cloth or a cleansing brush) then properly moisturise your skin to get rid of dryness. One of my favourite primers is the loreal base magique because it helps to smooth out my skin. It doesn`t really work well on flaky skin but if you moisturise well then I think it should work.

Also don`t forget that everyone is different and so some products which work for others may not work for you.

• 8 yrs, 6 mths ago

Such an interesting thread, and comforting to know that acne is something we all seem to go through. I have had horrible skin since 12, and I go through phases where my skin is “”decent””, and others, especially around my period, where I break out like crazy. I also have sensitive skin, so the redness associated with that, combined with my acne, makes it difficult to full cover with makeup.

I was wondering if you girls have recommendations for a good primer for acne-prone, sensitive skin? I find that the areas I break out can have dry and flaky skin, so foundation actually emphasises my blemishes. I need something which is moisturising yet acts effectively in ensuring that my foundation stays put all day on my oily skin. Thanks!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.