16 yrs, 6 mths ago

Teeth Whitening

One of my girlfriends recently went and got her teeth whitened, Well she went to one session and i think it was around the $60 mark, which is fine, except if it takes 10+ sessions to keep it that way!

Does anyone out there have the facts? Does it really work? Where should we go? How many sessions? Risks? Competitive Costs?

I want to treat myself in the holidays if its not going to break the bank!

Ox

36 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 11 yrs, 4 mths ago

I`ve been using a product called NovaWhite and I couldn`t be happier with it. It`s super affordable and actually worked for me unlike other products I was using. And I just learned the other day that they have a promo code “xmas” that gets you 15% off if you use it before Dec. 26!

• 14 yrs, 3 mths ago

I need to go to the dentist – haven`t been for ages. I need to have my teeth whitened as I use to wear braces as a kid and my teeth have always had a yellowish color to them…..which the orthodontist said cannot be whitened because its from the glue. However its been 12yrs since I had the braces taken off so I`m hoping something can be done has anyone else had problems with their teeth remaining yellowish after braces?

• 14 yrs, 8 mths ago

I purchased products from;
    http://www.whitesmile.com.au/
    I got the Whitening Strips and the Whitening Pen. And the purse mouth rinses.
    I am loving the results. And you can do them from the comfort of your own home.
    Be careful as some products wear away the enamal of your teeth.

• 14 yrs, 9 mths ago

Im going to order the Vani-t teeth whiteing wand and see how that goes, i have tried to whiten my teeth so many times and failed!

• 14 yrs, 11 mths ago

My dentist has used a whitening system on my teeth by Colgate called Platinum Daytime that is a take home kit with a mouthguard and peroxide tubes. I have used it over a period of time and it seems to be effective in whitening my teeth. The mouthguard needs to be worn for up to an hour or as directed by your dentist. I can`t remember how much it cost but I think it was quite reasonable. I use it when I want to brighten my teeth. An earlier entry mentioned a similar system. I would recommend it as a worthwhile whitening system. Don`t forget that it is also a good idea to steer clear of red wine and coffee.

• 14 yrs, 11 mths ago

I`ve recently had my teeth whitened with this product called Zoom (cost me $400 my friend was a dentist.. heheh) In order to keep them nice and white, you have to think before you eat certain food/drinks(coke, coffee, curry..etc) as they do stain your teeth. I guess it comes down to regular cleaning/flossing of teeth.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

I really want to get my teeth whitened as well… I am currently having my teeth straightened using Invisalign so I wont worry about doing too much until my treatment is finished (which will be in January, yay!!). I get abit worried about the at-home kits for tooth whitening, so I will be speaking to my dentist about my options.
    I have tried switching my regular tooth paste and mouth wash to Colgate Advanced Whitening and Listerine Whitening Mouthwash, used these both together for about 5 or more weeks (until they ran out anyway) and I didn`t notice any difference to my teeth at all. And while I didn`t have a reaction or ulcers from the mouthwash, it made my tongue feel funny and tingly so for now I think I`ll just stick to my usual routine. Though when I go back to the dentist again in 6 weeks I might ask him about the paint-on stuff you can use at home and see what his opinion is.

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

I`ve just tried Peal Drops tonight and it`s safe for people with receeding gums or sensitive teeth (like me), so the chemicals can`t be too harsh.
    You can also make a `safe` version of whitening toothpaste at home – add baking soda to your toothpaste. You could instead add hydrogen peroxide but I think this will be harsher and I have no idea where you`d purchase this!

• 15 yrs, 7 mths ago

using whitening toothpastes would be a safe option and definitely more cheap! they actually work, you have to percevere for a few weeks but once they start getting whitte it continues. White Glow are a great range as well, they have a special mouth guard with whitening paste and all that. I think getting it done professionally is cool but so much money!! not sure about the risks either

• 16 yrs ago

im using a version of white glow aswell.
    its just a day and night toothpaste set and i love it
    its only about $5 and if you keep using it your teeth look white but it doesnt give you that
    “”i just painted my teeth white”” look
    i rate this stuff–its brilliant!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.