16 yrs, 3 mths ago

strangers’ perfume

Do you ever comment if you like the smell of a complete stranger’s perfume?

I often do as I like it when people do the same as sometimes I wonder if a perfume wears off too quickly. It’s also a good way of ‘shopping’ as the person often tells you how cheap it is and where they got it.

16 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

sometimes I catch of waft of perfume I really like but I can`t figure out which person was wearing it. It annoys me greatly.

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

i always want to compliment
    but just too embarassed to!

• 15 yrs, 10 mths ago

a compliment is a compliment – i think most people happily take what they can get!

• Bronze
    15 yrs, 11 mths ago

PS: LiL Dreamer, I agree that someone won`t tell you they don`t like your fragrance (unless they are a close friend or family member) but, then again, different people like different things, eg, many people HATE Angel, others love it. So as long as you wear a fragrance sparingly, people can always stay away…. hehehe

• Bronze
    15 yrs, 11 mths ago

I always compliment people if I like their fragrance, hair, nails etc. It`s a good way to find a good hairdresser, nail salon, or a new fragrance etc. You will ALWAYS have to try the perfume on your own skin first as it might smell different on you but if it still smells great you`ve found a new favourite! 🙂

• 16 yrs ago

I do always comment when someone wears a nice smelling perfume. Only problem would be that people dont usually tell you if the perfume doesnt smell good =P

• 16 yrs ago

I`ve had strangers ask me what perfume I`m wearing when I`ve been wearing Envy by Gucci. It`s very flattering when someone comments. Usually they start off by saying, “”What`s that smell??”” and I say, “”Good smell, or bad smell?””. When they say good smell I tell them it`s me!! 🙂

• 16 yrs ago

It is very flattering I love it! hehe

• 16 yrs ago

I agree! it`s great when someone comments on your fragrance.

• 16 yrs ago

I always ask people if I like their perfume and I don`t mind when people ask me either. It`s quite flattering!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.