16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Story Time :)

Got any beauty stories to share???

22 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

what a horrible thing to happen to you they drfinity need to compenstate you for tyhat, maybe you could starta pertition from people not willing to piurchase thier products unless they compenstae you i`d be happy to sign it
    my story is not nearly as bad but hear it goes
    last noght i was straightening my hair for my friends 18th party and i was sitting down on my bed with just a towel on and underwear (so i didint get hair all over my black dress) and i dropped the straightener and burnt my boob i have a giant burn right accross my boob burts so bad next ime i`ll be more careful

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

omg gc i jsut read your story thats really horrible i cant believe they did that to you. you should soo sue what buggers.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I cant` think of any Swiss brands I`ve tried lately.
    What have you tried Redlox?, usually their pretty gentle on the skin as well.
    The Swiss people have remarkabley beautiful complexions.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I used to get on really well too gem but have found that they seem so stressed and unhappy. like if you`re not willing to buy on the spot the want to get going. I think they are just under the pump to make budgets. the centre i shop at and used to work at has very unrealistic expecations on the budget side of things, not high, astronomical. so i think it`s just that. Oh, what`s a good swiss brand.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I`ve never had trouble with my Estee Lauder ladies at Myer, they are always willing to help and always give me samples. Maybe its the approach or attitude and they always tell me about up and coming “”gift with purchase””, which is the better way to go.
    Oh..and Redlox Swiss products are great too, just forgot to mention them.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Holy crap. I just read glamourcat`s dibacle with Estee Lauder. You know I am 32 now and have been a pretty loyal customer since I was 18 and have actually found over the last 5 years, that they are becoming really pushy and unhelpful at the counters. They don`t give samples and seem genuinely unhappy to be there. This is why I have `strayed` and started to try other brands, that and the fact that I don`t like some of the products they are bringing out now.
    After reading your story gc, I am not going there again, I think that is disgusting along with the staff attitudes. lol

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Exactly Gemini, I agree with the money-only focus that the majority probably have.
    You don`t like Swiss formula products?

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

Companies dont really like to take responsibilite for their actions,
    (unless its life threatening),
    as long as they make their millions,
    most of beauty products ar full of toxic chemicals,
    the gossary at the top of B.H is a great help to find out whats in the product,
    especially if your skin is allergic to alot of stuff..
    I find alot of American made products are very harsh…
    The only ones I like are the Aussie made and French made products..
    Clarins are good and so is Thalgo (made of seaweed, have to be a bit careful here,
    but haven`t had a reaction to seaweed yet)

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

That sounds horriible, glamour cat,
    I`ve had bad reactions too in the past,
    but nothing compared to that,
    And yes Beauty Obession its true,
    just keep it simple especially for sensitive combination skin,
    I love trying different products to, but tnow I stick with what works..

• 16 yrs, 4 mths ago

you poor thing glamourcat. it would put you off buying their products in the future. I`ve had a similar experience but not so extreme. I`ve purchased skincare creams in the past designed for mature age skin in the hope that it would prevent my skin from getting wrinkles when I should of purchased something to boost hydration and be gentle enough to use on my sensitive skin and I got a really sore rash on my cheeks and chin and it didn`t look pretty!! It felt like a sunburn and I wasn`t able to apply anything on to it for over a week. The sales rep who sold me the product probably should have told me that it wouldn`t be suitable for my skin but as it cost me over $100.00 so they probably wanted the sale!! I`ve learnt now to keep my routine pretty simple.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.