16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Speeding up hair growth

OK maybe this is an optical illusion, but I notice when I wear my hair up or in a different style to normal for a few weeks, my hair is noticeably longer. I wouldn’t say my hair grows quickly either.
Maybe this is a ‘cure’ for slow hair growth!

12 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

massage hair oil (you can get it from perfect potions or other organic product shops or just use virgin coconut oil), and leave it overnight and wash out. it stimulates hair growth. o this about once a week. it will aid however not make it fast or anything 😀

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Yeah getting out in the sun makes my hair grow faster – summer or winter I find it good to get out in the sun for my hair – both the colour and the growth.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

my hair grows faster when its cut too but it tends to get to a length and just stays that length. my hair has always been an issue with me. it used to be real long when i was in high school but it was dry and frizzy now its just passed my shoulders and healthy but it would be nice if it would grow longer and do the things i want it to do like my fringe acctually choosing a side and sticking to it.

• Bronze
    16 yrs, 2 mths ago

i have found for myself my hair grows faster if i trim the ends every 6 weeks

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

They make tablets for it but I`d have thought that , if it worked, it would speed up body hair growth as well. Maybe Nair and those hair people should join forces 😉

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I wish they would make something to put into your hair that made it grow fast…like REALLY FAST!!! that would be awesome…!!

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Silicone gels are designed to make the hair feel smooth and sleek, but they are just a form of grease and if you use it a lot after a couple of days you tend to notice the greasiness.

{This is why I don`t use Tre Semme products – they grease my hair up due to their silicon content. That`s just my experience :)}

So I don`t think the necessarilly make hair stronger or grow faster. It`s just for aesthetic appeal.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

keeping it trimmed stops it from splitting, but what about that silicon gel stuff? does it make your hair grow faster or just stronger? does it even work?

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Its only that you have worn it up for a while that when you wear it down again that it appears longer. Hair grows at an average rate of 1cm/month (every1 is slightly different of course)….hair ultimately reflects the overall condition of your body. If your body is healthy and well nourished, your hair will be too which is why some peoples hair grows faster than others. There are vitamins you can take to assist the body with the maximum hair growth. Go to http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip214.htm to read all about how to increase hair growth.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

my hair tends to grow faster in summer. I`m not sure if it has to do with the hotter weather but I seem to have to go to the hairdresser more often in summer months to get my roots retouched. That`s interesting about your hair redlox. I don`t think there is a magical solution to faster hair growth? If you want longer hair you need to keep it in healthy condition to avoid split ends by having regular trims and a good treatment helps keep it soft, strong and more manageable.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.