melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
Founding Member
Platinum
14 yrs, 9 mths ago

Soft Nails

My nails are soft and tend to rip and break. They also can be flakey. Any budget remedy’s out there?

28 comments 32 voices

Replies

• RpearPlatinumRpear
    Platinum
    11 yrs, 11 mths ago

also.. Try fish oil tablets! They aren`t so fun but are also great for skin and hair! They are also kind to your wallet! 🙂

• RpearPlatinumRpear
    Platinum
    11 yrs, 11 mths ago

The way you cut your nails also can contribute to their health/ strength. Cutting close to straight across is the way to go, never curve the sides!

• 12 yrs, 2 mths ago

mine are always so soft and weak after removing acrylic nails… i dunno if this is why yours are but if so take a break from falseys and treat your own nails, i use a nail hardner and my usually cuticle creams and oils for the nutrients, always protect your hands because in this state they are soo much more easily damaged! atm mine are quite healthy doesnt take long for them to get back to normal!!

• NikkimPlatinumNikkim
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

Wow, some interesting facts there. I found out why my cuticles are so crap lately, it was not long ago that I was diagnosed with a form of lupus, so I`m guessing a visit to the doc is in order to make sure I haven`t had a flare up, it could explain why I have been so tired lately too.

• melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

Thanks darl I will check out the link 🙂

• BillywigPlatinumBillywig
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

PS yes! Revitanail is amazing, glad to hear you`re happy with it 🙂
    xx

Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

Yeah, there`s a lot of hazy information around. There are a lot of minerals that nails need to be healthy, I found this “”website””:http://www.drlera.com/health_beauty/nails/nails_problems.htm that outlines most of them and what they do 🙂
    xx

• melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

Here is a clipping I got from a site:
    Contrary to common belief, the structure of the nails is not related to the structure of bone, and taking extra calcium will not strengthen brittle nails. Neither will taking gelatin.
    There are some good tips in this article well worth a read 🙂
    http://www.oleda.com/oleda_tips/tips.asp?dept=66

• melmekoPlatinumMelmeko
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

Sorry looks like I got that wrong, lol, but I have been told here on BH that calcium alone will not strengthen your nails, I have even tried taking calcium tabs and had no success myself, nor did I will the silica only because I didn`t keep it up for 3 months but other members have had great results. The only thing that I can say has made my nails strong is the Revitanail, tops stuff I wish it was around years ago 🙂

Founding Member
    Platinum
    12 yrs, 10 mths ago

The white marks that appear on nails are caused by either hard knocks, or a zinc deficiency, the calcium thing is just a widespread myth, I`m afraid 🙂
    xx

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.