16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Smokey eyes, but not panda eyes

Hi there, i need help doing those smokey cats eyes, i have used a black eye shadow but always end up looking like a panda who has been beaten up

39 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

BH did a fantastic article a while ago about how to get the smokey eye effect.. try searching for it in the archives..

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

BH did a fantastic article a while ago about how to get the smokey eye effect.. try searching for it in the archives..

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

Try to avoid black – use charcoal, or navy as they`re softer colours. Have a look on google images and try to follow their patterns and blending. Maybe ask a friend to help you out?
    xx

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

Try to avoid black – use charcoal, or navy as they`re softer colours. Have a look on google images and try to follow their patterns and blending. Maybe ask a friend to help you out?
    xx

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

xx

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I had a look on You tube the other day and there are some very good ideas for applying all sorts of makeup eg eyeliner, lipstick etc.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I had a look on You tube the other day and there are some very good ideas for applying all sorts of makeup eg eyeliner, lipstick etc.

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

• 15 yrs, 6 mths ago

I recently purchased some Becca products and they sent with them a pamplet about the Avalon Palette (which I have) that described really well how to do natural looking dramatic eyeshadow. It goes something like this:
    They have a cream eyeshadow that is a goldy-shimmery finish, this goes over your entire lid.
    Lightly dust a taupe coloured shadow all over your lid, over the top of the highlighter cream one.
    Using a dark brown shadow, line a fine line under your lower lashes (I only went from mid way to the outer corner) so as to get a no panda look.
    Using the same brown shadow, line along your top lashes and into the outer corner.
    Then BLEND, BLEND, BLEND the shadow!! I clean the shadow brush and then wipe it over the shadow on the lid a few times to blend.
    Line a thin line of black liquid liner across top lashes only (do not line bottom lashes)
    Curl eyelashes and use loads of mascara on top lashes, and a light coat on lower lashes.
    This worked an absolute treat for me, and I have previously attempted smoky eyes many times to no avail. I think it`s using the dark browns rather than the smoky greys and blacks that are usually used for smoky eyes makes it more natural.
    Wow…that was a long post…hope there`s something in there that helps!!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.