9 yrs, 8 mths ago

Skincare routine!

I’m always interested in watching/reading bloggers’ skincare routine since there’s so many products and skin tones! I have sensitive-combo skin and I found it very hard to ‘plan’ (if you will!) a skincare routine. So far, I’ve used

• Lush’s Angels On Bare Skin Cleanser
  • Lush’s Breath Of Fresh Air Toner
  • Hydroderm Moisturiser
    or
  • Evohe Cleanser (Wild Rosella & Cupuacu Butter)
  • Laneige Multiberry Yoghurt Peeling Gel
  • Lush’s Breath of Fresh Air Toner
  • Hydroderm Moisturiser

Anyways, just wondering, what’s your skincare routine? Night or Day?

98 comments 27 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 2 mths ago

Nalpamaradi Thailam
    For maximum skin protection, a mild, quick-absorbing oil containing bark from four Ficus trees and other botanicals is mixed in sesame oil. This oil is a strong cleanser and deodorizer that helps to relieve Pitta dosha-related skin issues including rashes and itchy skin while also reducing sun damage. This is ideal for daily massage for newborns and infants, and it’s traditionally used as a baby oil. This oil not only moisturises and nourishes the skin, but also protects it from bacterial and fungal diseases. In Ayurveda, nalpamaradi oil is used as a tonic to keep the skin healthy and radiant.

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

Nalpamaradi Thailam
    For maximum skin protection, a mild, quick-absorbing oil containing bark from four Ficus trees and other botanicals is mixed in sesame oil. This oil is a strong cleanser and deodorizer that helps to relieve Pitta dosha-related skin issues including rashes and itchy skin while also reducing sun damage. This is ideal for daily massage for newborns and infants, and it’s traditionally used as a baby oil. This oil not only moisturises and nourishes the skin, but also protects it from bacterial and fungal diseases. In Ayurveda, is used as a tonic to keep the skin healthy and radiant.

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Skin care isn’t just about using cosmetics or skin care products. It involves a lot more effort. For beautiful glowing skin, you need to drink a lot of water and flush out all the toxins in the body. This reduces acne and clogged pores and keeps you hydrated.. For healthy skin, exercise also makes a huge difference. You sweat out all the excess toxins your body produces. Make sure to moisturize your skin regularly, use sunscreen while stepping out, even if the weather is cloudy as UV rays still penetrate your skin. Eat clean, include a balanced diet. All this will give you great skin worthy of envy.

• Bronze
    9 yrs, 7 mths ago

I just love home made remedies and natural herbal products like Jarvis Cream & Serum….

• 9 yrs, 7 mths ago

No I didn’t stick with the jojoba oil.

I was invited to a 4 week trial and i need to do video review *eeekkk*
    Plus I don’t think its fair to be trialling different products at the same time, or it won’t give me accurate results, if that makes sense?
    So say I get amazing results and I think its from the product i am trialling when infact it might be more to do with the jojoba LOL

The trial finishes in I think another week? so i will return to the jojoba then 🙂

Great to hear it’s working out for your Misfortune8 *thumbs up*

Oonga: you’re making perfect sense. Good luck.

• 9 yrs, 7 mths ago

I’ve been using jojoba oil too for dry skin and scalp. The skin around my hairline has been very dry and so was my whole face. I noticed slight improvement on my cheeks and skin near hairline. I am hoping the dry skin on my forehead will improve soon!

• 9 yrs, 7 mths ago

No I didn’t stick with the jojoba oil.

I was invited to a 4 week trial and i need to do video review eeekkk
    Plus I don’t think its fair to be trialling different products at the same time, or it won’t give me accurate results, if that makes sense?
    So say I get amazing results and I think its from the product i am trialling when infact it might be more to do with the jojoba LOL

The trial finishes in I think another week? so i will return to the jojoba then 🙂

Great to hear it’s working out for your Misfortune8 thumbs up

• Bronze
    9 yrs, 7 mths ago

My jojoba oil experiment seems to be progressing really well. We’ve been posting more on this thread than the jojoba oil thread, so I thought I’d keep it all together.
    The breakouts I got when I first changed my routine have all cleared up. My pores are looking their tiniest. In fact, my complexion looks the best it’s looked for a couple of years! Admittedly, I’m always better in winter – on EVERY level, but my skin is definitely looking & feeling great.
    I always work moisturisers &c into my face using the backs of my hands: whose fingertips need moisturising? no-ones! So I work the jojoba oil over my face & neck the same way. My face, neck & the backs of my hands feel amazingly soft right now!
    Thanks *Nature_Girl* for the original suggestion.
    I can see why *Growing old*’s love of jojoba oil is set in concrete.
    *Oonga*: did you abort or stick with it? I’m glad I persevered.

Hi misfortune8 – Glad you stuck with it and it all worked out – another Jojoba Oil convert 🙂

• 9 yrs, 7 mths ago

My jojoba oil experiment seems to be progressing really well. We’ve been posting more on this thread than the jojoba oil thread, so I thought I’d keep it all together.
    The breakouts I got when I first changed my routine have all cleared up. My pores are looking their tiniest. In fact, my complexion looks the best it’s looked for a couple of years! Admittedly, I’m always better in winter – on EVERY level, but my skin is definitely looking & feeling great.
    I always work moisturisers &c into my face using the backs of my hands: whose fingertips need moisturising? no-ones! So I work the jojoba oil over my face & neck the same way. My face, neck & the backs of my hands feel amazingly soft right now!
    Thanks Nature_Girl for the original suggestion.
    I can see why Growing old‘s love of jojoba oil is set in concrete.
    Oonga: did you abort or stick with it? I’m glad I persevered.

• 9 yrs, 7 mths ago

*misfortunate8* when I first got into the jojoba I got a lil over enthusiastic and I was using it as my first cleanse then after all the other steps I’d finish off with jojoba ontop as my moisturiser. As I spend most days at home I started popping it on every few hours. It was absorbing, like my skin was super thirsty and I kept thinking if it’s taking it in it must need it! Well needless to say that little adventure didn’t end well lol and my entire forehead was covered in small bumps and thankfully it wasn’t milia as I thought as when I do get a milia spot I usually only get one at a time but they can last for over a year so I was a little mortified that my over enthusiasm had created what looked like hundreds. Obviously I immediately stopped doing what I had been and toned it right back to my first cleanse until all the little lumps disappeared then reintroduced it as a pre shower mask once or twice a week and a couple of drops at the serum step or at the moisturising stage. I’m glad I experienced the little bumps along (lol!) the way and worked out the balance that suited my skin as I do really enjoy using it.
    I hope ur youthful complexion is looking super youthful..but with less spots 🙂 seems quite a few of us are about the same age! All young ones ;p. Lol!

OMG! It sounds like you really went mad with it! I’m glad you realised the problem & you’re clearing up.
    I’m clearing up slowly & the unpimply areas are supersoft. I think the jojoba oil is going to work out for me. When I’ve cleared up fully I might even try a pre-cleanse.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.