16 yrs, 6 mths ago

Shaving

My legs get really itchy after shaving when the hair starts to grow back. It drives me crazy sometimes. Any tips or suggestions would be great thanks.

28 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

I didn`t know you could be alergic to shaving. I always wanted to wax but I can`t let the hair grow on my legs for more than a few days. Yuck. Can`t wear long pants for that long up here in the heat.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

you should tr waxing or another solution to get rid of hair because it sounds like you might be allergic to shaving?

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I think this is just going to be one of those things some of us have to live with!!!

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Just want to say Girls, I found the best razor and works for me (I do wax, but when I`m in a hurry I do use a razor)
    The Venus Breeze Gillette works like a dream, you don`t even need soap or shaving cream, as on the edges of the razor is two strips of shave gel for a light lather that makes the razor glide over so easy..

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

it is from dry skin, i use to have it and went to a skin doctor… you do need to exfoliate and need to moisturise daily as shaving is taking out the moisture

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Maybe an anti-itch cream that contains calamine. There is one called Animine I think.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I also have the same problems and end up stop shaving and wear long pants and tops it but it`s hard in the summer. It happens when the hair is just coming through it`s seem to be all prickly irritating and then I have big scratch marks up my legs. I have tried shaving cream, soap etc moisturising my legs everything (the past 20 years there has been alot of different shavers out there) but nothing seems to work.
    I haven`t try waxing but if you do wax melmeko tell me how you go cause it drives me insane maybe i`m allergic to shaving or stubble??? lol

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I`ve had this problem with my armpits-I`d look like a monkey if I started scratching them.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Yep tried all of the suggestions so far, I always get this and it is annoying. Never waxed though as I can`t wait for my leg hairs to grow while living in the heat up here in NQ.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Have you tried using a new razor/shaver? I`ve heard that ones that are a bit old and worn may cause itching because they don`t cut as well as they should do like when they`re new. As it ages the blade wears away and it`s a less event cut. Perhaps try a new blade?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.