2 yrs, 8 mths ago

SHAMPOO DILEMMA – Oily hair problems!

Hello lovely people!

I have tried my fair share of shampoos and conditioners.It has many, many years of trial and error, and I just can’t seem to find one that works for my hair!
I have tried everything from drug-store brands (Garnier, Pantene, DermaVeen etc) to slightly more expensive brands (MooGoo, OGX, Matrix etc).

Maybe there is a shampoo that I have missed? But I need all the help I can get, and would appreciate any suggestion or piece of advice at this stage!

A little bit about me:
– a younger female (18-24 age bracket)
– hair type: straight, fine hair
– hair colour: darker brown, with a half-head of caramel highlights
– very OILY, very quickly!
– rarely use heat on it

Anyway, thank you for the help, and I look forward to reading all of your wonderful suggestions!

Tiara101

13 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 7 mths ago

Loved reading all these comments. Many years ago I had that oily challenge as well and tried a range from Kerastase. I don’t remember which one it was but perhaps a hair salon can advise whether something is suitable for you. Another range I tried and loved was Redken, it was a pinkish shampoo that, unfortunately, has been discontinued (also many years ago) but there may be an alternative that works just as well.

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

winingercorene marked as spam. Please don’t click on the blue link. marked as spam and reported on the serial spam on BH thread.

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

I love how everyone shares suggestions! And it`s great that other members are introduced to new products!

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Hi Tiara101,

I have very oily hair and used to rarely go without washing it every day.I’ve used so many brands and for a while I really enjoyed the garnier coconut water but my hair began to not like it and went straight back to being oily.

I would really recommend the sukin deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner, it’s definitely not for everyday because it really cleanses your hair (it’s currently half price at chemist warehouse), I use it ever 2nd wash and use either the herbal essence micellar shampoo and conditioner (recommend by my hair dresser) or the L’Oréal extraordinary clay shampoo and conditioner.

My favourite thing for oily hair is the Klorane dry shampoo tinted for brown hair, it’s literally the best and when styling hair it last like 3 days it’s a must have for oily dark hair!!

I hope this helps you as their pretty cheap, easy to get hold of and work really well for me!

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Ooh, L`Oréal Extraordinary Clay is one of my favourite conditioners!

I`ll second the vote for Klorane dry shampoo, too! The nettle one for oily hair is best – I haven`t tried the tinted one yet. I often buy Batiste for their scents, but they`re not as effective as Klorane.

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Amazing! I have heard such great things about Sukin, so may give it a try! And I have been using the Batiste dry shampoo, but I think it`s time for a change. Thank you for the suggestions!

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

G’day, Tiara!

My hair is oily, too! My hip-length hair is mostly brunette (coloured due to greying), with bleached streaks at each temple. I occasionally use Schwarzkopf Nordic Blonde Anti-Yellow Toner on my blonde bits.

I love TRESemmé Deep Cleansing Shampoo: it keeps my hair clean a day longer than other brands, plus my hair doesn’t seem to get used to it, as it does with other shampoos that only work well for a limited time. I’ve been repurchasing it for well over a decade & stock up when it’s on sale. Mind you – there are quite a few forumites who claim that TRESemmé wrecked their hair, so it’s not for everyone.

I’m not so keen on the matching conditioner. I used to alternate between L’Oréal Elvive (various) & Schwarzkopf (various ones again), but I recently bought QV Hair Nourishing Conditioner from the last RR & I LOVE it!

I also recently tried Klorane 2-in-1 Mask Shampoo (bought from the RR): it was fantastic the first time I used it, but my hair quickly got used to it.

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Oh that`s awesome! I`ll have a look at the TRESemmé shampoo, as I don`t think I`ve tried that brand before. Thank you for the advice! (and isn`t oily hair the worst aha!)

• 2 yrs, 8 mths ago

Yes, Tiara – it`s nasty! At least I never get dandruff or sensitivity, which can be a problem with dry hair, but I still hate being so greasy!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.