16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Selftan without Odour

All the selftanners that Ive tried have all developed an odour throughout the day – know of any that dont?

10 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

I have a cupboard full of selftanners….Nivea, Dove, Johnson`s, L`oreal, Olay, Natio, Lancaster, Clinique……all of them only used a few times, as on me, THEY ALL develop a smell that I just cannot stand…I keep hoping to find a selftanner that doesnt develop any odour at all, but so far no luck….. so please let me know when you do, so I can stop wasting any more money!

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Just posted this on a cellulite thread but realised it kinda belongs on here as well:

I just want to say YOU HAVE TO TRY the Avon Cellu-Glow anti-cellulite/gradual tanning lotion. It is DEVINE!
    Smells devine (like peppermint mixed with a deodorant an ex-boyfriend used to wear – HOT!) and the texture is PERFECT.
    I am serious – THIS IS THE PERFECT PRODUCT. I am not kidding.
    xoxoPPP

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Model Co have just brought out an “”Extend Your Tan”” self tanning cream and it smells so gorgeous I could eat it on toast! Well, almost! And it gives a lovely golden glow!

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Ive used Olays Touch of Sun for Face. It was very strong in colour and smell. But did the job I guess.

• Bronze
    15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Has anybody tried Olay`s touch of sun? Still thinking Dove ST best

• 15 yrs, 2 mths ago

Just wanted to let you know that the smell the DAY AFTER using Johnson gradual tanning moisturiser night formula it actually made my skin smell really nice. super WEIRD but interesting….
    xoxoPPP

• 15 yrs, 3 mths ago

i just tried fake bake and it doesn`t have the same developing smell as most self tanners, it has a colour guide though so not for use during the day. It does have some fragrance but it much more pleasant, my hubby doesn`t complain I smell like cat pee anymore when i tan! I found with other tanners I could still smell the smell after showering in the morning, when my skin heated up through the day. Yukky.

• 15 yrs, 3 mths ago

I`ve been using Dove tanning moisturiserand I like the initial smell but the next its not as pleasant. I definitely DISLIKE the smell of Johnsons (the first tanning moisturiser in supermarket chains) especially the “”night”” version. I stupidly bought like 6 bottles of it when they were on special for 50c a bottle (wonder why 😛 lol) and now I am gradually getting through them when I am between Dove bottles!

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I recently tried Swisspers tan wipes which have no odour but I found the colour to be very subtle. I`ve also recently tried Vani-T`s Tanning Mist which does have an odour however it is very pleasant and doesn`t have that typical fake tan kind of smell.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I know many people complain of self tan odour, but none of the ones I`ve tried have ever really been noticeable- I don`t think they smell – maybe I just have a bad sense of smell? I have tried Christian Dior, Ella Bache, Sunsense and a few others. Although I always put self tan on at night, maybe that`s why I don`t notice it? But I have used sunsense in the morning and that was fine, no smell that I could tell.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.