16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Rosacea

Any tips on how to reduce rosacea? I’ve only been able to cover it with foundation. It seems to improve if I keep up my water intake but never disappears completely. I don’t drink much nor smoke, and wear sunscreen.

13 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 6 yrs, 4 mths ago

The post by robinwest55 dated 15 Dec 2017 looks like spam. They tried to conceal it by placing it further back in this thread.

• 15 yrs, 8 mths ago

My mum has a severe case of rosacea, and she has hepas of brands of make-up and skin care products including low to high end ones, and she finds the the brand Eucerin is the best because it`s actually designed for rosacea people. Now her skiins look relatively normal. Unfortunately this company is only available in the US 🙁 but check it out if you go overseas!

• 15 yrs, 8 mths ago

i have rosacea on my cheeks and yes it flares up if i drink red wine or have spicy foods i have to be careful what i use on my skin and i wear mineral foundation,i have thoght about having laser done,i mite look into trying the doxycyclene but im abit funny with prescription drugs because of some of the side effects you can get.

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

THanks for telling me about rosacea

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

i just looked rosacea up on google and there is loads of info. it may be worth you doing some research. i only looked up the first couple of sites and they were medically based but i`m sure if you look at more you may find something specifically on skin care.
    for special occasions try a couple of drops of visine eye drops or any that claim to reduce redness in the eyes. they have vaso-constrictors in them which reduces the small veins & capillaries in the eyes. they sometimes help on the face but not all the time.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Is there a product to lighten the redness mabey?

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

you can maybe try some aromatherapy based skin care for sensitive skin. jurlique is good and very calming but a little pricey, otherwise try making some of your own masks with fresh fruit and oatmeal scrubs. you can make really soothing inexpensive products.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

You can have both, broken capillaries are litke little red threads under the skin. Its stress to the skin, like exposure to the harsh environment, ie: the hot sun or extreme cold (just like when a nail has white spots on or marks).but unlike the white dots on nails, these dont go away.

Rosacea on the other hand is a “”red”” to “”rose”” like colour that spreads over the skin, starting usually on the nose and then spreading to the cheeks, depending on how bad the individual is, it can be all over the face.
    Usually hot and spicy food triggers it, drinking alcohol, extreme senitivities to the outside environment, hereditary tendencies play a role as well, more susceptible of those with celtic, irish, scottish decent.
    As the envroment becomes harsher it is becoming quite common.

Thats probably what the Beauty Therapist meant, you need to have environmental protection for your skin, Dermalogica would be a great start.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

From what I know, it`s broken capillaries in the skin. This makes the skin red and “”rose”” forms the name.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

I was having a facial the other day (lucky me!) and the lady said I have the starting of Rosacea and that I have to be careful. But I really don`t know what it is. Can someone explain to me what it is!? Should I be worried?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.