16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Redken

I tried a new salon today and the stylist tried to persuade me to buy the Redken products she used, ie the Body Full leave in conditioner and the Satinwear 02 as well as shampoo/conditioner – I was tempted but not sure if they were any good as obviously I can’t blow dry my hair as well as they do in the salon so wasn’t sure if I would be wasting my money on yet more products that would stay in the cupboard! Has anyone used these and are they good?
Thanks

26 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs ago

Face paint maybe try ebay? I`ve seen a lot of redken stuff on there…

Princess my hair can go pretty frizzy, but I keep it under control with a heavy moisturising conditioner (ie the loreal absolut repair) then I have a de lorenzo smoothing serum/cream I use which smoothes it out even more. I very rarely, if ever blowdry my hair (it pretty much only gets done when I go to the hairdresser) but I straighten maybe once a week. So all soft range sounds bout right for me? Is the smooth down range heavier than that? Coz actually back to loreal I tried the `liss` shampoo but actually found it too heavy for me hair, which I didn`t think was possible! (I have a lot of very thick, quite coarse, naturally wavy hair!)

• 16 yrs ago

Howdy Elmo. I think the heavy cream is a wash out treatment, not a leave in conditioner. Hidden Valley, I`m in Sydney 2000 (you can`t see my eye jumping out of its socket, but now that the Olympics are well and truly over, that`s exactly what eye am doing). We have Price Attack here too, but they have no stock of the leave in conditioner. And it was a hairdresser that told me that Redken stopped manufacturing it over a year ago so I won`t get it anywhere. I haven`t seen any Hairhouse Warehouse (whoever thinks up these names???) or Petra Haircare stores around here.

• 16 yrs ago

Where are you Face Paint? If you are in Melbourne, lots of hair stores stock them. I got mine at Price Attack but also saw them at Hairhouse Warehouse, Petra Haircare.

• 16 yrs ago

hi Elmo, i think it depends on how frizzy your hair goes. if you can control it with some serum or a blow dry or straightener then i`d go the All Soft, which is actually what i do anyway.

• 16 yrs ago

ps face paint on the website they`ve got a `heavy cream` listed – is that replacing the leave in conditioner you`re talking about?

• 16 yrs ago

I`m looking to switch to Redken products as my hairdresser uses them. At the moment I use Loreal Professional products – I use the shine blonde shampoo and the absolut repair conditioner. Can anyone recommend if I should go to the all soft or smooth down conditioner in redken?

• 16 yrs ago

Redken is fantastic and is way worth it, love there treatments

• 16 yrs ago

Eye wonder if any other beauties out there would be interested in mobilising Redken to some affirmative action. They have stopped producing their All Soft leave-in conditioner – the only one that works for my hair. I noticed that there were some other beauties in this forum who use All Soft products. I`ve contacted Redken on their website and sent them a protest email basically pointing out how stupid they are in removing a product that is popular. If anyone else feels the same way, please log on to the Redken website and let them know. I`m tired of companies indiscriminately removing good products from their range just so they can introduce (often less useful) new products. If you feel the same way, please send them a hiss to let them know. Beauty Power is the only way we can get some change in policy. The website address is: http://www.redken-au.com/_en/_au/home/index.aspx. The “”Contact Us”” link is at the bottom of the page.

• 16 yrs ago

I am using Redken All Soft and I love it. My hair is so soft, no more frizzy or flyaways.

Well it`s a bit exxy but if you get the pack which includes the All Soft shampoo, the conditioner, the leave-in treatment (all full size), the Satinwear and Gold Glimmer (trial size), you`re getting great value for your money.

• 16 yrs ago

yes, Redken works fabulous on my hair.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.