12 yrs, 2 mths ago

Recommendations for products with AHA/BHA?

I know Alpha-H and ASAP have good ranges with glycolic acid (AHA) and salicylic acid (BHA), but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment and i really want to clear up my skin:/ could anyone recommend any good AHA/BHA products (gel/cleanser etc) that wont break the bank ?

269 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 5 mths ago

I also prefer liquid and I really like this Paula’s Choice BHA product

• 6 yrs, 2 mths ago

I am telling you-AHA BHA is going to go off/ be big this year in the market- you heard it here first from RJJJJJJJ

• 6 yrs, 2 mths ago

so i have an interesting question…. so if your using regular aha/bhas on your skin, does going for a professional peel or aha treatment have any effect / point?

• 6 yrs, 5 mths ago

My review for the derma e aha over night peel is up if anyone is interested.

As I’ve said before its one of my top five acid product’s.

https://www.beautyheaven.com.au/skin-care/face-scrubs-exfoliators-peels/product/essential-overnight-peel

• 6 yrs, 6 mths ago

Has anyone had any experiences with any of these in this list http://www.skincarisma.com/top-aha-products? I want to buy an AHA because I think it can help with my whiteheads and uneven skin tone

• 6 yrs, 7 mths ago

I still love this forum thread.
    I noticed Kate Somerville have what looks like a really good aha toner. It’s got no alcohol and no anti irritants. Mainly phytic acid . Might be an option for sensitive skin or those not wanting glycolic.

• 6 yrs, 8 mths ago

I’m still on the hunt for an alternative to Alpha-H’s Liquid Gold. Aside from my Drunk Elephant Glycolic Serum mini, which can wait, I also bought the MIZON 8% AHA Peeling Serum from Sweetcorea (~A$9.5; Mecca retails it for $35…)

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycolic Acid (8%), Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Carica Papaya (papaya) Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Gentiana Lutea Root Extract, Alcohol, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I always wonder whether it’s worth trying Alpha H Liquid Gold, but part of me hates shelling out that much for something that is so high in alcohol…
    My current BHA is Paula’s Choice 2% Gel and I use it 2-3 nights a week only, more if I’m trying to treat something specific. I’ve got samples of her AHA, which I just read on here is a no go. But I have also just bought a NeoStrata AHA 10 Lotion, which I’ll report back on.
    For you young girls though, I’d recommend taking it easy, as I remember a beautician told me years ago that if you start using too many things too young, it actually has a reverse effect in terms of aging, as you can damage your skin barrier to thin it, and your skin adjusts to what would otherwise be potent ingredients.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Stratia sells an affordable mandelic acid gel (AHA) – https://www.stratiaskin.com/products/soft-touch-aha . I use it for my sensitive underarms and it hasn’t irritated them which is ace!

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

For more affordable AHA, I think The Ordinary have their lactic acid serums which should actually be useful. Nip+Fab actually have some affordable glycolic acid exfoliating products too!

Otherwise, I quite like AHA or BHA products from a korean brand Cosrx, they are relatively affordable too. The only downside is you need to order them online.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.