8 yrs, 9 mths ago

OPSM or Specsavers

I really need to get my eyes checked. There is a specsavers and an OPSM at my local shopping centre. Can anyone recommend either of these?

28 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 3 yrs ago

I love Specsavers good price foe glasses and nice optometrists work there.

• 3 yrs ago

Specsavers is way, way, WAY better value these days. It may not have been the case when this thread was created, but I recently got a quote from both places, and OPSM was hundreds of dollars more, with fewer pairs of glasses.

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

I always went to Specsavers. Cheap, but reliable and good quality glasses!

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

I use Specsavers.

• 5 yrs, 10 mths ago

OPSM is more expensive. Specsavers have designer frames for a cheaper price.

• 6 yrs, 2 mths ago

I use Specsavers because they’re often cheaper but I think I’m going to check out OPSM. They have some gorgeous glasses there at the moment!

• 7 yrs ago

I am with OPSM for years and I am happy,

• 7 yrs, 5 mths ago

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions. I finally had my eyes checked yesterday at OPSM. Very happy with their eye test. I need glasses mainly for sitting in front of the pc all day at work. Now just have to pick the frames, might get some sunnies as well. Hopefully it will be covered by my health fund.

• 7 yrs, 5 mths ago

I’m really not a huge fan of Specsavers, they have only ever stuffed me around. When I first went there they gave me an incorrect prescription and it wasn’t until I when elsewhere that I discovered they had told me and sold me the wrong thing.

They have cheap prices and good sales, but I think in same ways it’s kind of the ‘you get what you pay for’ with them. I only get my contacts through them now because they are cheap and I can order online. I wouldn’t go back for a check up or anything there though.

• 7 yrs, 5 mths ago

I like OPSM, I got my last two pairs of glasses from their and I was happy with them, however I am thinking of swapping to specsavers in the future because I find OPSM can be costly at times.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.