1 mth, 2 wks ago

Only Australian Residents

I have just realized that I am not entitled to enter the competitions -I never checked the terms and conditions ( as you do ) as I am not a Australian Resident. I knew the trials had this rule however I did not realize the same applied to the competitions. We did have a Beauty heaven in NZ for a short time but we were transferred to Au when it closed during covid.Perhaps it would be good if we have an odd NZ one every now and again or shared one however I do love BH regardless.

16 comments 9 voices

Replies

• blondie1973PlatinumBlondie1973
    Platinum
    1 mth, 1 w ago

@JuJu47 Not all competitions are just open to Australian residents….according to the terms of the “BEAUTYHEAVEN BIGGEST EVER GIVEAWAY COMPETITION (“Conditions of Entry”)
    Eligible entrants: Entry is only open to Australian & NZ residents who are registered beautyheaven.com.au members. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.

• 1 mth, 1 w ago

I was really pleased to get a response from BH after waiting so long and I do appreciate them getting back to me -Never mind I still love BH AU

• 1 mth, 1 w ago

I have just received this response fom BH

Yes, you are right. Unfortunately all of our trials and compeitions are currently ran in Australia. There are no current plans to move into NZ, but you never now what’s on the horizon!

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Thanks,

The beautyheaven Team xx

• butterflyPlatinumButterfly
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    1 mth, 1 w ago

Oh what a shame! Hope you didn’t waste too much time entering the comps then. At least you know now.

• shaperPlatinumShaper
    Platinum
    1 mth, 1 w ago

Oh what a terrible shame,I am sure if you contacted BH direct they will make sure you can still go into the competitions etc. I hope you an get this sorted out asap. Best of luck.

• 1 mth, 1 w ago

I did email BH several weeks ago but they don’t seem to respond

• 1 mth, 2 wks ago

I must admit that I have not noticed this term. Hopefully it will be changed sometime soon.

• SootyherePlatinumSootyhere
    Platinum
    1 mth, 2 wks ago

That’s something that needs to be changed esp. as NZ beautyheaven has been transferred to AU.

• Divine DivaPlatinumDivine Diva
    Platinum
    1 mth, 2 wks ago

@JuJu47, I would also think perhaps cost/postage might have something to do with it also

Just wondering if your able to participate in the RR JuJu47?

• 1 mth, 1 w ago

yes I am able to order via the RR scheme and I don;t think the postage is as much as Sydney to Perth for instance -Not sure though

• EthelindePlatinumEthelinde
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    1 mth, 2 wks ago

I imagine it would have to do with the fact that even extending a competition to NZ would throw up legal issues with competition terms applying in NZ and we do not have similar laws.

• 1 mth, 1 w ago

Don’t think that would apply as the rules are stated when you enter no matter what country you are accepting the conditions as stated

• EthelindePlatinumEthelinde
        Founding Member
        Platinum
        1 mth, 1 w ago

@JuJu47 Which rules are you referring to? Competition terms, unless the terms state they apply worldwide (unlikely by the way), apply territorially.

Don’t forget you have overarching terms of use on this website that are stipulated to be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.

I also looked at the recent competition terms and conditions of the bigger giveaways currently running by BH and the terms state that the competitions are open to NZ residents who are registered members of BH. I note the competitions listed in the Competitions & Events section of this website are otherwise restricted to AU entrants only. So unfortunately, the statement that BH is only allowing AU entrants for their competitions is not factually correct.

• Lisa359PlatinumLisa359
    Platinum
    1 mth, 2 wks ago

On the entry form it asks you what country you live in. Does’nt it let you select N.Z ?

• 1 mth, 1 w ago

Yes it does but the terms and conditions state Australian residents only

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.