selina
Bronze
Selina
Founding Member
14 yrs, 5 mths ago

Olive Skin

Hey guys, I need help finding a new foundation. I have very yellow-warm, Asian, combination skin and don’t know where to get a good foundation that doesn’t have that ‘pinkish’ tone through it like the ones Maybelline and Revlon sell. I’ve tried a MAC and Estee Lauder foundation and the colour for both was pretty good but i still want to look around. I’m also interested in trying mineral formulas but cant find them anywhere!

I used to use Face of Australia stick foundation and it was the best colour and coverage for me but it seriously clogs pore’s and is really oily. Also, every time I go to makeup counters i always end up with a too pale foundation. This is because there always trying to match up the foundation with my face colour and my face is so pale but my body is really dark – it never tans and so it just looks weird and terrible. I usually buy a dark foundation (darker than my face) and it works well. Does anyone else have olive, warm toned skin and know of any good products? Thanks girls xox

11 comments 32 voices

Replies

• ElmoPlatinumElmo
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 4 mths ago

I find (as someone with pink undertones) that Rimmel`s foundations are quite yellow based…as they never seem to suit my skin tone! So could be worth a shot?

• sumstaPlatinumSumsta
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 4 mths ago

Try Giorgio Armani`s foundations. They`re hot at the moment. Also, Laura Mercier make some gorgeous matte foundations.

• selina
    Bronze
    Selina
    Founding Member
    14 yrs, 4 mths ago

Oh thankyou 😀 I might go check out these foundations. I like natio products too. I`ve never tried Max Factor products before so this should be interesting

• Micha111
    Bronze
    Micha111
    Founding Member
    14 yrs, 4 mths ago

Selina, you should try Max Factor “”Colour Adapt”” it has very strong warm yellow undertones and is also great for neutralizing redness to even out discoloration on lighter skin tones. I have used really expensive foundations that just don`t do as good a job as this one does 🙂

• girl
    Bronze
    Girl
    Founding Member
    14 yrs, 4 mths ago

i have yellow undertones too
    atm i am using a natio foundation
    it`s waterbased and doesnt feel like i am wearing make up – really love it
    been serching for a decent one since maybelline stoped producing everfresh.

http://www.natio.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=11_&products_id=69

• selina
    Bronze
    Selina
    Founding Member
    14 yrs, 5 mths ago

Try Revlon Colourstay – I`m very please at the moment 🙂

• WantingBeautyPlatinumWantingBeauty
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 5 mths ago

i have olive skin too and i find it really hard to find a good foundation too because their either too light or too dark lol

• selina
    Bronze
    Selina
    Founding Member
    14 yrs, 5 mths ago

Wow thanks for the help girls 🙂 Vanessa i used to buy the Revlon ColourStay and it was really good! I dont know what made me stop using it..but I`m always on the quest to find the best foundation for me possible i guess hehe. I have really bad uneven skin tone on my forehead and this foundation is pretty good at covering it up. I took your advice and bought it again in the colour shade `Natural Tan` and used it on the weekend and made the colour darker on my face by using bronzer which i bought from Rimmel last Friday. I also tried the L`Oreal Tru Match – the one you suggested and its really good too! I didn`t realize it catered for warm skin tone girls like us. I`m going to try the Revlon Skinlights soon too, so thankyou so much for all your help 🙂

• clearcrystalwaterPlatinumClearcrystalwater
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 5 mths ago

Yes Selina I am just like you! I took a long time to find some good ones so here are the one`s I found are great for me: L`Oreal True Match super-blendable makeup in the colour Sun Beige which is W6 on the top of the lid. I think you will love that one! Try it in Priceline/Target first to see what I mean. It is perfect for me and isn`t oily either – goes on really smoothly – lovely. I also like Revlon Colorstay Makeup with Softflex for Combination/Oily skin in Natural Beige no. 220. This is a good colour for winter for me but it summer, to warm the colour up more so that I can still use this foundation, to suit my tanned summer tones I add a small amount of Revlon Skinlights (in Bronze Light) to it so that it suits my skin tone perfectly. In fact, the Revlon Skinlights in Bronze Light is brilliant to add to a lot of foundations to warm them up to the colour that then suits me. Get a sample of this from Priceline too so you can add it to any of your foundations at home and mix it together. I don`t add it all at once, only just a little each morning before I put makeup on I mix the two together on my hand to get a great colour. You`ll see what I mean if you try it. I use the Revlon Skinlights in the tube. I think it is the illuminator but the writing has rubbed off my tube at the moment so I can`t read it!

Other than that, the most lovely perfect colour for me is Yves Rocher in `Beige Vanille` but this is a hydrating foundation and may not suit you. See if you can obtain a sample so you can try it. It is a wonderful rare colour. I adore using it as a undereye concealer – it is perfect! Good luck and hope this helps you.

• Rebecca D MUAPlatinumRebecca D MUA
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    14 yrs, 5 mths ago

Try Prescriptives, if they don`t have the perfect shade for you, they`ll custom make you one.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.