2 yrs, 5 mths ago

New Site Questions

Wooohooo!! We’re here! Say hello to the new bh!

We hope you’re loving the new site as much as we are.

But of course, we’re sure you have questions! So we’ve created this forum thread for all your queries as you navigate your way around the new place.

The bh staff will be popping in here to help you and we thank you for your patience while we get things up and running.

If you haven’t already, you will receive an email to reset your password for your member account. Once you follow these prompts you should be set up and ready to explore.

Site migration is still underway, so there are a few minor tweaks and changes to come, so please bear with us.

We also will be re-instating all beautyheaven Platinum status’s in the coming weeks, as we are aware they may not have carried over from the old site! But rest assured, we are working to fix this ASAP.

Let us know what you think!

thanks,
bh’s Eleni

1,709 comments 153 voices

Replies

• 1 mth, 2 wks ago

I haven’t been around for a while and it’s nice to still see a lot of familiar names in the forum. Wishing you all a belated Happy New Year! Also, pretty excited to see that I am finally Platinum!!

• 1 mth, 2 wks ago

Good news Jupiter. I’m not on here a lot lately but I think we all would have missed your input.

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

Possibly not a new site question, but wanted to ask if anyone was a member of bounty parents as well and having the same issues with getting in contact with them. I never got my bonus points for completing my profile and with how slow it is to get points on that site it feels like I will never get off bronze to do trial teams. It’s very frustrating. I have had similar issues with beautyheaven as well. You want to engage with this sites but they just make it so hard.

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

I noticed there was a new product added to the Rewards Room so it will be interesting to see if more go up next week.

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

My Jupiter account has had 5 points deducted today for
    “Points deduction for Comment marked as SPAM ” and now seem to be blocked from all comments from that account. Now I know what @Yohanna was referring to. Way to go, BH.

Goodbye beauties, unless they respond to my email to remove the ban, I won’t be able to participate in the forums.

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

Thank you for your care, everyone. I’ve just received an email from BH saying that the system automatically detected my comment as spam and penalised me. But they have now restored the points. The comment I posted was on the LED mask article. They can’t see any block on my account so this comment is also a test to see if this comment will be published.

Edit: Woohoo, it worked

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by jupiterjupiter.
      • 1 mth, 2 wks ago

I’m so relieved, @Jupiter! It’s worrying when these things happen to Platinum members in the first place. Very good you got your points back!

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

So pleased it’s resolved, @Jupiter. Crazy how it picked on you but real spam is ignored. Very pleased we still “have you.”

I have no idea how I ended up with this showing twice.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Trish_DTrish_D.
      • 1 mth, 3 wks ago

So pleased it’s resolved, @Jupiter. Crazy how it picked on you but real spam is ignored. Very pleased we still “have you.”

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

I wonder if it was that your post was removed because you responded to a spam post. I know in the past people were getting upset because points were being deducted from their accounts and it turned out that when BH removed spam posts it also removed any posts that were replies to the spam post and so it then removed the points for those posts.
      This doesnt explain why you cant post in the forums though.

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

You should be able to find out why even if not who. If someone marks it as spam you’d hope BH would look at it rather than just blocking you; it could have accidentally been marked as report rather than reply (although you do get a pop up box so hopefully not). I think they probably don’t look at what is reported. This is especially important for Platinum members who are extremely unlikely to post spam. Don’t leave us Jupiter!

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

OMG, @Jupiter, that’s dreadful! All these stuff-ups are actively chasing members away!

I hope it all gets sorted out for you, @Jupiter!

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

Wow! That’s awful @Jupiter, I hope it’s sorted out, who would mark your comment as spam? It’s ridiculous especially when their are so many ‘real’ spammers who don’t seem to be punished.

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

They won’t publish my reply to you either, @Jupiter!

• 2 mths, 1 w ago

I’ve been trying to post a topic to discuss retinoids three times. First two disappeared, the third attempt was pending moderation which got approved, and got a reply from Ethelinde. As soon as I edited the original topic to list the types of retinoids, the topic was unpublished for spam. Can it be republished please, @Team bh?

Link is:
    https://www.beautyheaven.com.au/?post_type=topic&p=1180389

• 2 mths, 1 w ago

The weird thing is, comments for that thread are showing on the forum front page but you can’t actually get to the topic itself.

• 2 mths, 1 w ago

I’m seeing the error message Oops that page can’t be found.

• 2 mths, 2 wks ago

@Team bh, Jupiter here, all my comments and new topic posts have been blocked these few days. I have had to try from this Jupiter2 account instead. Please help, thank you!

Belated happy new year everyone!

• 2 mths, 2 wks ago

I’ve been able to post 2 comments since last week but forum topics are still not getting published.

• 4 mths, 1 w ago

Hi there

I’m a bit confused . I just made a large comment on Bargains Alert and after pressing Submit the comment disappears. This has happened previously , does that mean that everything gets moderated and checked before it goes into the system as I dont want to waste time typing information and then its gone . Thanks for any comment HQ 😊

• 6 mths, 3 wks ago

Interesting review [sarcasm]

image host

• 1 mth, 3 wks ago

Was this review helpful? Why yes. Lol

• 6 mths, 3 wks ago

@ Yohanna – I really got a lot out of that review though…….:-P did get a bit lost on the starting of the sentence nfdk :-/

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

I’ve tried multiple times to load and/or post in Bargain Alerts thread but it either doesn’t finish loading or my comment fails to post. Firefox also runs like a dog and tells me that it’s the page that’s causing the problem. I don’t see that warning on other BH threads

I think it has something to do with the thread having over 9300 comments. It is 14 years old.

I’m thinking of starting a new forum topic like ‘Bargain Alerts 2.0’ – I know we don’t like duplicates but the old thread is just not functioning.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

New bargain thread is up! Please post there instead

Bargain Alert 2.0

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I have been thinking this too! I think we should make a fresh new thread to replace the old threads such as Bargains Alert because I think they are carrying a lot of baggage (9K plus comments) and are decades old. PLUS I have seen that majority of members struggle to find them post re-vamp.

Yes some (you know who are) go off like a bomb when someone makes a dupe thread but trust me a new thread is easier than digging through the site for ancient runes of threads.

• 7 mths, 4 wks ago

Not a duplicate if we continue a thread in a new thread.

Bargain thread works fine for me though. No issues over here. I run Chrome.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

Hmm ok, I won’t start a new thread if I’m the only one having a problem. I’ll see if other people are able to post in there

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

Please make a new thread @Jupiter. It took me at least 10 attempts to comment on that thread the other day. My comments kept disappearing and I had to keep editing what I wanted to write until it posted. It’s either that or when I search up that thread and click on it the thread freezes my phone and the site crashes all together.

• 4 mths, 4 wks ago

The whole website is slow and clunky for me.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

Thanks for the reply @BiancaDaily, it looks like my comment in the Bargain Alert thread was finally published days later. I also turned on ad blocker to make that page load for me.

I think I’ll hold off posting a new thread for now and see how it goes

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

@Jupiter Create it but I don’t think it will fix posting issues.

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

Ok thanks for the feedback, I’ve created ‘Bargain Alert 2.0’ but it is pending moderation. Will update when it’s published

• 7 mths, 3 wks ago

I posted in the Bargain Alert thread yesterday after a few tries. I couldn’t see the comment so tried again. A comment appeared that it was a duplicate however even now I can’t see my comment. If the comment does happen to appear later on, the sale would have probably ended.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.