7 yrs ago

new notification function on bh

Hi beauties,

This is just a quick message to let you know that today we’ve rolled out a function so that you will now be notified when another member replies directly to your comments on articles. This will allow you to go back to the article and see what they said in their reply to you, and so you can respond to them if you want to.

If you have any questions/issues/feedback regarding this, please pop it here.

Thanks 🙂

84 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Thanks girls – I hanve the 6S too with Safari. Envelope icon works fine – but won’t allow scrolling down past the screen.

No problem with scrolling the screen anywhere else so maybe something to do with pop ups?

I’ll keep clearing my notifications as they’re useless to me now.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

No one has mentioned this problem so it must be only my phone.

I currently have 15 notifications but when I click on them to view, I can only view a screen size (3 notifications) and I am unable to scroll down and view the test.

I keep marking them all as read, as it’s annoying that I can’t scroll and view them. It’s been happening since last night – Sunday.

Anyone else using bh on their phone like to test it out? Mines an iPhone 6.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I use Google Chrome as my web browser on my Galaxy S5 – I`ve had the same problem as you Kassalee – I can only see the first few notifications on the mobile version, as it won`t allow me to scroll down to see the rest.

I just switch the site over to the desktop version, as at least that way I can actually still use the site, but I have to do a lot of zooming in to read things! 😛

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

kassalee its working for me on 6s Plus with Chrome but on Safari the envelope icon doesn`t work at all but I have pop up blocker on safari so maybe that`s why.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I had a similar problem using my iPad last week but no issues on my Samsung mobile. I couldn`t open my mailbox at all on the iPad. After about 5 days it started working again. Good luck!

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Nope…..my calendar says its May – It’s not April 1st. Although with all the weird stuff happening it feels like it.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Anyone seen this today? We definitely have an invasion of strange things on BH lately….I told you guys, my dream was real =0
    And now this: review in some alien code

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Laughing like a lunatic here yohanna

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I saw that too Yohanna – I clicked on the review, but the link was dead, or perhaps the review had been deleted. How strange! lol

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Thought this would be relevant, because of the recent glitches.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I just read this and had a look….yep, any of the competitions and articles I have commented on are now in my favourites.

They are getting lost with things I DO WANT TO KEEP AS FAVOURITES!!. You can scroll down and remove them from your favourites but it takes a lot of time.

Please help BH Admin

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Any word on this? Think I might email bh.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

I`m not having any problem, ray_jay. I always use my lap top though. It sounds extremely frustrating and coupled with yesterdays gibberish it can`t have been fun! How is the kitten?

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Keep us posted on it ray_jay, so we all do not bombard BH with emails hahahah
        I still have everything added in Favourites that I click on it seems =0

Trish, check your profile. Click on first Tab – Favourites and check what you have there =)

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

OMG – yes, Yohanna, same as the rest of you. It`s insane.

Hopefully, because this thread was started by a staff member it will be looked at reasonably often and attended to. It can`t be intended – surely?????

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Dearest Trish,

Sorry for going seriously off piste and topic.

This is my first time back on the site in well over a year and I am looking for “”our”” special thread so I can update my beauties on what has been going on.

I cannot work out what is going on the forums let alone the site.
        Please help me beautiful lady, what is the name of our special thread where we care for each other?

PS I missed ALL OF YOU so much. CB computer hugs to all of you!!!

Hugs,
        Pink Hornet

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

It`s ok I just saw it.

LIFT ESTEEM

How could I forget. Heading over there to reconnect now 🙂

Please return to transmission of your normal discussion.

• 6 yrs, 11 mths ago

Just checked my favourites and it`s overloaded! GOSH I won`t be taking the time to delete those so hopefully, it gets fixed at some point in future haha.

• 6 yrs, 12 mths ago

Oh good and bad it’s not just me. Yep every article I’ve commented on is now in NY favourites. Oh dear me

• 6 yrs, 12 mths ago

Can someone explain why when I comment on an article it automatically adds to my favourites in my beauty heaven. I’m finding this annoying.. as I use this section to save products I like or review…

• 6 yrs, 12 mths ago

Yes! As soon as I read your comment ray_jay, I went to check it out. Same thing! I did not add any of these in favourites, and they are all there! And my fave products are gone!

Plus to remove all, you need to click on each article again and take it off favourite list. But can not remove articles from TTeams reviews at all, there is no button to remove these. Is it possible to remove this feature: that each and every article we comment on is added to our favourites list automatically?

Admin, please help!

• 6 yrs, 12 mths ago

I’m now prepared to say I’m very happy with the way the notification is working after I definitely reserved judgement when BH was not working efficiently over Easter.

I only use a laptop to access BH and it’s now working as it’s designed to. I’d love the return to just one notification per thread though, not notification for every post in each thread.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.