2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Needing exfoliating brush recommendations.

Hi Beauties,

I’m looking for scalp exfoliating brush recommendations.

At present, I’m using a toothbrush and it’s not that practical.

Should I invest in a teasing brush or does anyone have any other suggestions?

TIA 😘

16 comments 10 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Hi lovely, I have an exfoliation product if you are interested, Christophe Robin it is a scrub but so efficient in getting all the build-up from your roots. Give it a try you won’t regret it. I’ve had a sample from an order I made and wow loved it. It also keeps my scalp and roots oil-free for days.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I know you are asking for exfoliating brushes but I am not sure a brush is the necessarily the most efficient way to exfoliate a scalp. I have several scalp brushes like the one from Brigeo by different brands. I think scalp scrubs would be the better way to go.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks Ethelinde,

I use scrubs in conjunction with a soft bristle toothbrush but I’m wanting something like a dense bristle brush for better application.

Having an Indian background, scalp massages were a weekly ritual for me but the at home scrubs (sugar and salt) didn’t always remove the dead skin.

I ordered the Aveda Invati Scalp Exfoliating Shampoo in the last RR so we’ll see how that goes!

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I also ordered the Aveda Invati set.

Have you tried Christophe Robin Purifying Scalp Scrub with Sea Salt before?

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Hi Ethelinde,

I haven’t tried the Christophe Robin scrub but I have heard great things.

Have you tried it?

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Yes. Took getting used to but it effectively cleans my scalp. You can buy mini versions of it.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I wonder if these types of brushes work with cerebric dermatitis? Not for me for someone else.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Well, I have got sensitive skin and that’s why I use FOREO LUNA 3 exfoliating brush for my skin.

I highly the same brush to all as this one is my favourite.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

She is after a scalp exfoliating brush, not for skin.

Foreos don’t really exfoliate skin. I know they claim to but it really is a dubious claim. I am a Foreo owner. You are better off with chemical exfoliation.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I would look at something like the Scalp Revival Stimulating Therapy Massager from Briogeo which is available from Mecca. You can find similar brushes from other brands if you search online for them. I’m going to post a link to the brush below. I’m also going to post a link to the Aveda Pramasana Exfoliating Scalp brush; although their paddle brush seems to get better reviews.

https://www.mecca.com.au/briogeo/scalp-revival-stimulating-therapy-massager/I-045594.html

https://www.aveda.com.au/product/21098/48638/collections/pramasana/pramasana-exfoliating-scalp-brush#/shade/1_x_brush

Note: I would post a photo, but I don’t know how to do this yet. I will work this out later.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks Petal!

The Aveda brush doesn’t have the best reviews but the Briogeo brush looks interesting. I’ll do some more research! ❤️

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I hadn’t heard of one of these and sounds really interesting

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I use a Lady Jayne detangling brush, you can buy large ones or mini versions. They are plastic and also easy to clean.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

That’s the one I also got at the same time as you @misfortune and I absolutely love mine.

• 2 yrs, 3 mths ago

I received the Lady Jayne Salon Pro Scalp Brush in the last BIB box & I loved it, @Lucy16!

Salon Pro Scalp Brush

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.