7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Natural Instinct #6weekskincarechallenge

I have been trialling Natural Instinct product range for the past 3 weeks. They are 100% natural & plant-derived. I have found them very impressive.
I can’t believe that my pores look smaller and the redness of my skin is diminishing. I’d like to hear from anyone else that is on the #6weekskincarechallenge

33 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I am finishing the trial in a week’s time. I have a near new moisturiser, near new eye cream and more than half a tube of cleanser which I feel super bad to bin.

If you don’t mind that they’ve been used (and especially if they work for you) I am more than happy to pass them on. If you have read my blog you’ll know how to contact me.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

If no one takes up your generous offer, repurpose the products.
      I have used disappointing shampoos and cleansers as hand wash and you can use the moisturiser as handcream. Leave it on your work desk and everyone will want to share it.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

How true that is after reading so many people’s different experiences.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

My experience has been great. My routine was sporadic before trial. Thanks kids and work! I have used skincare in all price ranges but prefer natural inexpensive ranges but do have my non negotiables that I will buy regardless of price if they perform well. I love the eye cream. My under eye area is so soft and after using for four weeks it does seem to have lightened my dark circles. I used Acure’s eye cream prior and whilst I love the way it moisturised my eye area it didn’t smooth eye area and improve puffiness and dark circles. I wasn’t sure what to make of nourishing moisturiser at first as I didn’t think it would be moisturising enough but I really like it and haven’t had a reaction at all. Love using the serum under my make up during the day. It’s nice and light. I wanted to buy the eye cream prior to challenge so when I saw challenge advertised I signed up and am thankful to have had opportunity to try around $60 worth of full size products for free. My skins looking great 🙂

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I see that the NI tube of eye cream is on special at Priceline at the moment if you are running low. I too was impressed by the $60 worth of full size products for free. I am always willing to give them my honest feedback.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

You can get the eye cream free with some of the cleansers and moisturisers at Priceline. I think the whole NI range is on special ATM at Priceline. I think I will run out of the cleanser before I run out of the eye cream 🙂

Oh course always best to provide your honest opinion. What works for some doesn`t work for others. Never one fits all unfortunately.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Oh, a new thread!

Just to briefly post my experience too.

Eye cream: very drying! My skin around the eyes went crepey that after seeing this I freaked out and stopped using in in the week one.

Moisturizer: had to stop using it on the day 3! It literally was heating my skin to the point of feeling the burn. And coated feeling , matte look, loss of my previous glow also happened immediately. Tried to push trough, but on the day 3 my skin was just so red that I had to stop. I have melasma, that gets worse when skin is exposed to high temperature and heating.

Face cream wash: like the other trialists reported-it does leave the film on. Takes a long time to rinse it off…very long time.

Serum: this was the only product I used that I did not have reactions from. Just would leave skin dry after application, as possibly all that crazy rinsing of the face wash also caused lots of stripping of the skin.

I tossed all the range in the bin after week one. Could not pass it to anyone, as I did not want anyone to experience skin damage as I did.

SO wanted to love it, as I am a fan of all things natural based…but there must be something not listed that was causing the trouble…or just a flimsy formula: too much waxy base, emollients, fillers, not enough of oomph and hydrating stuff for the skin. Just coaters….

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Your experience sounds very disappointing. Perhaps the word “”Natural”” needs to be defined within the Beauty Industry.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I saw the NI skincare range at Priceline today . Really attractive packaging . The only problem was they didn’t have one tester to try. Hopefully they will have that in the future as they had it on other brands .

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I was wondering where I could buy their products. Did they have the whole range or just a selection of products?

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

It looks like whole range Glenda. But then with Priceline I found that stores has different ranges of certain items so probably best look online and go to a local store to see what they have .

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I haven’t tried the cleanser yet, but I’m really liking all the other products. I already had the rosehip oil so apply that after the serum and before moisturising and my skin seems to be reacting really well so far.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I have always been very diligent with my skincare regime so when I switched over my skin went into a big shock mode.

The serum was way too drying (alcohol is the second ingredient).

My non-sensitive resilient skin reacted to the moisturiser (dry itchy patches).

I don’t like the foaming cleanser. It has a residue that can’t be washed away.

I don’t like the eye cream as it is too waxy and difficult to absorb.

I blog every week with before-after pictures, I cannot see any difference and if anything, my skin feels drier. I have to reduce my use of the drying serum and the waxy eye cream to limit the damage they are doing to my skin. I haven’t blogged this week (week4) as I have discovered I have 3 whiteheads in unusual places. I am going to give them some time to go away. If they don’t, it would be another negative comment to add to the products.

There were a lot of people who complained about reaction to the products in the first two weeks. There are not as many people complain in recent weeks as those people who reacted have mostly dropped out by now. I persisted so I can finish the 6 weeks as I said I would.

So far, my verdict is – if you already have a regular and quality regime, don’t bother switching. If you are on a budget and want to start your skincare regime somewhere, you can try this brand, although I would rather spend my money on another Aus/NZ budget brand such as Swisse and Sukin. Natural Instinct is not Australian owned.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

The residue from the cleanser! sheesh i thought i was the only one, it`s horrible, i spend half the time trying to get the damn stuff off!

Agree with some of the other comments about the eye cream too, waxy is a good way to describe it, it just didn`t absorb.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I couldn`t get the cleanser to clean the foundation from my face. Not sure who their target market is.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I am interested in your closing line skincare junkie. I did not know this.
      Do you know who they are owned by?

I didn`t like the foaming cleanser either. It doesn`t remove my makeup although okay on my bare skin.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

They are owned by a japanese corporation.

I use a lot of non Aussie brands, especially if I have a preference to a particular product (e.g. imo some of the dermalogica products I use are so good that I dont consider changing). If I dont have a particular preference, then I prefer to spend my money on australian / nz products.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Ah! I was wondering how they could afford to spend so much $ sending out so many parcels. Thanks for the heads up.
        I too like to support Aussie companies.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Oh I`m sorry they didn`t work for you skincare junkie :/ I`ve only used the eye cream because I was having issues with my skin just before we were about to start the trial. Anyway the eye cream is so thick!! And it dried my eyes out so much, they are currently like flaky sand paper…it sucks :/

I`m hesitant to try anything else now though…

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I recommend Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with avocado to restore their moisture. 🙂

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Thanks Ethelinde! I`m on a spending ban at the moment haha so I`m just trying to make do with what I already have

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Laura. I am so glad that you did not try them, especially when you had a skin issue recently.

I was pretty lucky to have identified the major issue quick enough so the damage was contained. Depite my complaint about the serum and eye cream, my skin still looks fine. I do winge a lot when it comes to skin, i have high expectations all the time because of the time and money I spent on it.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I am using the Natural Instinct shampoo right now and it is nice and gentle . For an organic brand like this I am a bit surprised if any reactions do happen . It does sound like an unlucky bad batch .

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I was surprised at the number of bad reactions Harmony Queen but then I thought about my Mum who is allergic to some plants in the garden.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

Allergy has nothing to do with natural/synthetic nature of the allergen.

Just think nut allergies and hay fever.

What`s surprising to me is the number of people who reported an reaction to one or more of the products. Something`s not quite right…

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

ok so i have been going since the 5th of september so I’m going on my 5th week now. i have honestly not noticed any difference in y skin at all which I’m disappointed with. however i really love the feeling of the foaming cleanser and the facial moisturiser.
    i hate the serum it is so thick and heavy for my skin. i down mind the eye cream but i hate the twist top.

• 7 yrs, 6 mths ago

I’ve found that the eye cream has dried my eyes out so much…they currently feel like sandpaper :/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.