14 yrs, 8 mths ago

My skin assessment/peels experience

So as I’ve mentioned in some other threads – I’m having my skin assessed on Friday to see if I’m suitable for having glycolic or lactic peels done to exfoliate and clear congestion in my skin. I will most likely have a new skincare routine as a result of this (if I go through with having a peel) so as the request of other Bh-ers I will record my experience in this thread 🙂

666 comments 18 voices

Replies

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

I remembered you saying that your BT said to lay off the exfoliators, Mel. Is that because of your skin type? The BT I saw said I should exfoliate at least twice a week, tho, that could be that my skin gets congested easily, I don`t know 🙂 Anyway, the only thing I won`t probably be taking on board, is that she said that I should stop using the products I have, and just use the one brand, probably cos I`m interested in the brand that they sell, lol. I`m not having probs with the products I`ve got. I def want to start on MD F, but I can`t not use up what I have, 1st, unless it was bad for my skin!

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

I remembered you saying that your BT said to lay off the exfoliators, Mel. Is that because of your skin type? The BT I saw said I should exfoliate at least twice a week, tho, that could be that my skin gets congested easily, I don`t know 🙂 Anyway, the only thing I won`t probably be taking on board, is that she said that I should stop using the products I have, and just use the one brand, probably cos I`m interested in the brand that they sell, lol. I`m not having probs with the products I`ve got. I def want to start on MD F, but I can`t not use up what I have, 1st, unless it was bad for my skin!

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

That is so good scent, it does make you feel so much more confident and in tune with what you need to be using for your particular skin concerns. I was also told something similar about using too many products hoping for the miracle to happen, lol, but like you it was causing me more harm, particularly the fact that I was using manual exfoliators which I always through was so neccessary in my skincare regime, whereas she told me not to use them at all, so that was good to find out. I also found the thin skin suggestion interesting, I will have to look up on that one coz that is something I am not familiar with either. Anyway sounds like you have a lovely facial and that is an excellent price scent, certainly worth paying to find out that you can save yourself money further down the track becasue you now know what products you don`t really need to use and which ones are better for you 🙂
    Also Empire it sounds like you will be fine with the Vit A darl, the oral ones don`t count and will not cause you any harm, it is just too many active products being used with the Vit A should be avoided. 🙂

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

That is so good scent, it does make you feel so much more confident and in tune with what you need to be using for your particular skin concerns. I was also told something similar about using too many products hoping for the miracle to happen, lol, but like you it was causing me more harm, particularly the fact that I was using manual exfoliators which I always through was so neccessary in my skincare regime, whereas she told me not to use them at all, so that was good to find out. I also found the thin skin suggestion interesting, I will have to look up on that one coz that is something I am not familiar with either. Anyway sounds like you have a lovely facial and that is an excellent price scent, certainly worth paying to find out that you can save yourself money further down the track becasue you now know what products you don`t really need to use and which ones are better for you 🙂
    Also Empire it sounds like you will be fine with the Vit A darl, the oral ones don`t count and will not cause you any harm, it is just too many active products being used with the Vit A should be avoided. 🙂

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

That`s all so great to hear scentsation! good to have what you already know confirmed.
    Oh and thanks for the reminder Mel! I`d forgotten about the whole overload of vitA thing, I`ve checked all my vitamins and the only thing with VitA is the UC clearskin tablets, but I`m only taking half the recommended dose so I think that`s okay. And I`m only using the A Sheer every 2nd night, and a very very tiny amount.
    yes I think I`m just really lucky the ESTS just works for me in either form, I picked up a discounted pharma bottle from priceline today for $15, so I think I have enough ESTS to last me till christmas!!! (that wont stop me buying stuff though haha)
    okay I gotta stop procrastinating and get some work done…

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

That`s all so great to hear scentsation! good to have what you already know confirmed.
    Oh and thanks for the reminder Mel! I`d forgotten about the whole overload of vitA thing, I`ve checked all my vitamins and the only thing with VitA is the UC clearskin tablets, but I`m only taking half the recommended dose so I think that`s okay. And I`m only using the A Sheer every 2nd night, and a very very tiny amount.
    yes I think I`m just really lucky the ESTS just works for me in either form, I picked up a discounted pharma bottle from priceline today for $15, so I think I have enough ESTS to last me till christmas!!! (that wont stop me buying stuff though haha)

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

• 14 yrs, 1 mth ago

Today I had a Clarins mini-facial, skin analysis, steam extraction and foundation for $55, good I think?? I was very happy, even my daughter said that my skin glowed.
    As for the analysis, she said that I indeed have combo skin, but my “”dryer”” areas aren`t that dehydrated, she assumes that it`s because of my water intake. She mentioned that I suffer from so much pigmentation because I have thin skin, never heard of that one. She believes that I need a night cream, as well as a serum, as often my night routine ends with the serum. Another no-no that I do is get a bit gun-ho with active ingredients, in hope of results, but in fact is doing harm. Out of the MD F range she suggested I use the anti-aging kit, as my skin doesn`t appear oily enough for the adult-acne one, so that answered my biggest question.
    Funny because most of what she said I`ve learnt from the wealth of knowledge of learnt here, thanks largely to Elmo and Mel!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.