7 mths, 3 wks ago

Microdermabrasion: At Home vs Clinic.

Hi Beauties,

I’m curious about microdermabrasion and its pros and cons.

What’s the difference between in clinic procedures versus DIY at home microdermabrasion?

Is it effective for PIH?

Thanks! ❤️

12 comments 6 voices

Replies

• 7 mths, 2 wks ago

I’ve not done a microdermabrasion at home, but I enjoy my salon treatment and results. I would be too risk adverse to try this myself at home to be honest.

• GeeJPlatinumGeeJ
    Platinum
    7 mths, 2 wks ago

Never done this treatment.

• OmyaraPlatinumOmyara
    Platinum
    7 mths, 2 wks ago

My advice is to go to a professional. Microdermabrasion can be damaging if it’s not done right. You will have to support the skin or you end up with inflammation and saggy skin in the long run.

• misfortune8PlatinumMisfortune8
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    7 mths, 2 wks ago

I’ve had microdermabrasion at salons – pre-COVID, I would often get Groupon deals. They use a large electronic device with a hand-held tool with a crystal tip. My skin is uncommonly tough (due to thyroid disease), so I don’t experience redness or sensitivity afterwards. My complexion looks finer-textured after treatment.

To do it at home, you’d either need to purchase an expensive machine or use a granular or scrub-type product.

I’d recommend hitting up Groupon & trying a few salon sessions yourself.

I had to Google PIH: do you have pregnancy-induced hypertension, @Lucy16? Should we all be congratulating you?

• 7 mths, 2 wks ago

Haha! PIH is Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation in my case!!

No more kidlets for me this way!

I’ll definitely book in some salon treatments through Groupon!

• perthchickPlatinumPerthchick
    Founding Member
    Platinum
    7 mths, 3 wks ago

Plus it’s way cheaper doing it at home. Another plus, my pores seem to shrink or maybe it’s less gunk in them. Con, it feels like sand papering your face.

Founding Member
    Platinum
    7 mths, 3 wks ago

I have some microdermabrasion crystals that I imported from the USA. Of course customs inspected them as it’s a fine white powder. I like the look of my face after microdermabrasion. The feel of it, hurts for two days after. I must get back into using it.

Founding Member
      Platinum
      7 mths, 2 wks ago

Haha – customs checking out your fine white powder!

Founding Member
        Platinum
        7 mths, 2 wks ago

@Misfortune8 I am so straight. Another parcel that Biosecurity had to open, flowers. On an X-ray they would look real but they were fake. I am fan of the TV Show Border Security.

Founding Member
        Platinum
        7 mths, 2 wks ago

That show can give you a laugh, eh? The things people try to smuggle in! Not to mention the overtly sus behaviour of the smugglers, haha!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.