16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Matching a foundation colour

Can anyone help – i have tried nearly every big name and small name brand for foundation. I have typical english rose skin. Deceptively pale and when i try foundations i find them really pale on my skin and then hard to blend into my jaw line as it is a different colour. I just want a nice match that doesn’t give me the mask look. I blend i use a foundation brush, primer and concealer. Any reccomendations, tried presriptives, elizabeth arden shishedo, dior, revlon chanel, mac etc etc

4 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I think you have found your colour but maybe because you don`t blend?

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I find Clinique`s foundations pretty good, they have a great range of different shades and they`ll usually give you a sample to try out at home.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

i have always had sucess with Estee Lauder. they do some lighter colours, i have the old peaches and cream skin and have found it difficult to get the right shade. also Napoleon minimal look has worked well for me. both blend away and give a really even dewy coverage.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

I know you said you tried Prescriptives – did you buy off the shelf or did you pay extra and have it custom blended? I think the off the shelf foundations are from memory $66, but the custom blended ones are about $100. They`ll match it to your personal skin tone.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.