16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Male hair loss

Hi everyone,
Can anyone help me out as to treatments they or their partner /husband etc. have used to treat hair loss.

Any of the home treatments like Rogaine, or any professional treatments – if it worked and how long it took to see results.

And any shampoos, conditioners and waxes / gels you know of that dont hurt the hair anymore, and improve the thickness.

Please help im freaking out about it.
Thanks guys.

6 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

My hubby used a Rogaine substitute ( has exactly the same ingredients but is a bit less expensive) and we both had high hopes but all it did was kind of thicken up the few hair strands that were originally there. It wasn`t really even noticeable for the effort & expense. I married him almost bald so that`s okay that he is the way he his especially since he`s such a great dad and husband. Hair aint everything!

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

great excuse to get a hair massage too lol. thanks guys.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

my husband started getting a bit of a receeding hair line a few years ago. i massage his scalp and run my fingernails through his hair pretty much every night while we watch t.v. over time we have noticed the little bits of regrowth/bum fluff coming up and now he has no receeding hair line at all, he`s back to normal (so to speak) i guess circulation helped.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

You`re welcome. Don`t stress too much, some of the best in Hollywood are bald, like Bruce Willis etc.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

Thanks lynx. Yeah half the men in my family started losing hair in their early twenties so its not a huge surprise but still scary.

• 16 yrs, 3 mths ago

In regards to shampoos, I think it`d best to go for the sulphate free shampoos, which are available at health food shops, they are more natural ingredients and less chemicals. If there is baldness that runs in the family, usually you are 50% more likely to go down that same path.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.