2 yrs, 3 mths ago

Learning the ropes…

Hi y’all! I’m completely new to this site but it looks great. I’m looking forward to reading reviews and getting some solid advice. I can’t wait to start reviewing, either, as I have a lot of thoughts 😉 on plenty of products. Quick question, what is the process of following others? Thanks!

58 comments 27 voices

Replies

• 1 w, 4 days ago

click on their name then the follow button

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Izzy09, that’s awesome! You’re a wealth of knowledge, so how can I access the old site?

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

The old site is frozen in time – it will only show your total reviews as of 24 September 2021. Any reviews written after the site revamp aren’t included in that total.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

That’s what I meant but I should have also included that you’ll be able to at least see if you’ve done the 100 required before applying for platinum status.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Yep I looked on there too. Thanks @Izzy09

Going by the old site I think I have quite a few reviews to do before I reach 100.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Or just tell me a product you’ve reviewed and I’ll have a look for you.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks RINNY.

Go on https://test.beautyheaven.co.nz/ and find a product you’ve reviewed. Then find your review and next to your name it will say how many reviews you had done on the old site.

You won’t be able to log in but you can still see everything.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Oh @Izzy09, how refreshing to look at the old forum but I must embrace the ‘new’.

@Meedee
        has the privilege of being the last comment!

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Trust me to have the last word 😀

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Haha! @Meedee – Enjoying this banter – kinda like old times 🙂

Miss the ‘Like’ button!

I wonder who made the 1st comment on here?

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I’m the same, don’t have the time to find what I’m looking for, kind of all too hard now on this updated website unfortunately.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

And with the new site it looks like I need to gain another 8000 points until I can get to the next level, which I assume is Platinum – it’s not really clear when I’m in my account.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Hi RINNY,
      I had emailed Eleni regarding this and she said please ignore this feature as they are working on a way to hide it. It’s the same rules as per the old site regarding platinum.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Hi @Izzy09

I’m so happy you told me that – it seemed quite unobtainable or maybe a few years out.

Do you know how we find out how many reviews we have posted?

From memory we needed to do 100 reviews, regularly contribute to the forum and article comments and hold our membership for over 2 years.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Hi RINNY 🙂
        You can’t find that out on this new site but you can still access the old site which will say.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

i get many messages that my comment is awaiting moderation too. umm why???? then it never posted ever

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I think the new site is just so impersonal, i use to come multiple times a day too, it was fun, now i can’t see posts, cant comment often, no notifications, following people was good but i see no benefit in that currently, i really feel as though i might be missing important things too, like posts from BH staff, discovery bag opportunities, trial team chats and so much more

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I totally agree also you’ve said everything I also feel.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Totally agree with you – it was nice knowing you had a reply and you could have a conversation with someone.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

As one of the older members of this site (Both in age and time I have been a member!) I find it so hard to get around now and so I don’t spend much time at all on here.I used to love it but no longer. I don’t even get many emails or notices so do really feel left out. What a shame as I seem to be among others who are like me.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

It’s definitely not down to age @Shaper. I’m younger than you & I too am finding this new site utterly frustrating at times. I like the fresh look of it, but there’s still so many teething problems regarding functionality & useability nearly 4 months on since the re-launch that I don’t blame people for steering clear. I just wish BH had spent longer working through all this stuff first before re-launching tbh.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Shaper, please do not think that your difficulty with the new website format is age-related or because of something you’re doing that’s wrong. The forums in the new website are a mess and I can only tolerate being here for a short time.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

It’s definitely not you, @Shaper, nor your age – I’m going batsh*t crazy with the whole site, but especially the forum.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

If @Misfortune8 is struggling with the new site – that’s not good – you were always my GO TO when I struggled with the old easy site!

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Yes I agree, I always got advise from Misfortune8 as well.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

THANK YOU Misfortune8 that makes me feel a bit better, but I only wish they would just go back to the old site and we can then all relax again. Its such a shame as I don’t do much on here now. I try and read as much of the forum as I can but as for the rest I just give up. Oh Happy Australia Day to everyone and I hope you all have a good rest and relax.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

It’s not very user friendly.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I know what you mean Shaper, but I don’t think age comes into it trying to navigate the new site. I’m younger than you, but not young and feel that most of the members are having problems. It’s been 3 months since the new site launched and yes, it felt odd to begin with and was certainly hard to work out how to do stuff and where things are. Honestly after this time I thought the problems would be ironed out but they aren’t. Some of the members are tech savvy and still have problems. I like the new, fresh look, but miss notifications of when someone replies to your comments and when a review has been approved . I can’t see my reviewed products, I can’t see my points and have to go through a lengthy process to find them, I have to put the site into desktop mode to comment, comments can’t be found, comments need approval , the list goes on. I have to agree with others that the fun seems to have gone out of it and I’m not on here anywhere near as much as I used to be. Don’t feel down and thinks it’s you or your age as you’re in the majority.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks trackydacky Thats made me feel bit better, but its so hard to try and see what is going on now As far as points go I have hardly any as I don’t use the site much now so I am left out of so much that I was part of. I used love reading all the reviews but now its impossible to even find one. Oh well keep on trying as the old saying goes.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I was fortunate to be one of the members who was able to give feedback on the proposed new site in advance, and I liked the new aesthetic and some of the proposed new features (like being able to follow other members) but agree the execution has been rather clunky. I too have problems commenting and hate when I spend time putting together a detailed comment only to have it not appear, and am sick of being logged out at random. I also miss the ability to edit posts on articles and ‘like’ comments.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I am another vote for the old site also. I dont spend anywhere near the same amount of time here as I did the old site and I dont comment as much here because its an effort to do so.

Im not sure who the bright spark was that decided the site needed a revamping but I am sure that many of us would love them more if they admitted that they stuffed up and the site was returned to how it used to be. That would make so many of us very, very happy.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

@Meedee – I feel the same as you and also what everyone else is saying. Usually it would take a month to get used to a new way of doing things at any of BH changeovers but this one, sorry it’s not holding my attention. I used to sign in here 3-4 times a day and now I can go a few days now. It is hard to navigate in here and I miss so many people commenting back to me (so not being rude – I just don’t see it).

The format of typing in the box is great and I have done some reviews and find that more easy to do so no hiccups there.

Sometimes new technology and new ways just don’t agree. I just wish a BH staffer would just come out and tell us……you don’t want all the old threads back? You don’t want us to have a forum anymore? Just don’t leave us hanging here, majority of us have been longtime members but I miss chatting to people on here and yes the articles have been good but that is it for me. Sometimes I have to sign in twice to get in, sometimes I reply to someone and that comment is flying around up there somewhere.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

This site is a bit of a minefield. I might be in the minority but I preferred the aesthetics of the old site!

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Aesthetics are a matter of taste, I suppose, @Lucy16. It’s of less importance to me than functionality & useability, both of which we’ve lost.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.