16 yrs, 6 mths ago

itchy scalp

every shampoo and conditioner i use makes my head itchy! it is very irritating! does any one know of a good shampoo that does not make this happen..

9 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

use a natural shampoo, or a shampoo that is designed for sensitive skin. but mainly go for the natural stuff. hope it works out for you!

• 16 yrs, 2 mths ago

Graham`s Natural Alternatives (they have a website) are superb for the extra sensitive. I have to use it for my sensitive, allergic, asthmatic and eczema-prone daughter. It is the only one she doesn`t react to. About $12-13 for a bottle and very fast delivery. Otherwise you can sometimes find it at some chemists and healthfood shops.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I found the best product for this at Aveda: it is the Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo. Costs about $25 for a 250ml bottle, but makes your head feel so light and clean without any irritation or itchiness at all!

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

I get an itchy scalp sometimes too,but usually it goes away after awhile:)

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Head and Shoulders works well for me. I get itchy scalp every now and then and keep H&S around for those times, it works a treat. And it`s quite conditioning too, more so than I thought it would be.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

Wella System Professional have a Sensetive shampoo and mask range which is quite effective. You can get this from price attack.

• 16 yrs, 5 mths ago

have you been to the doctors? you may have psorisis. it can affect the scalp and its like eczema. also if your hair is left wet after washing it affects some peoples hair, likewise with blowdrying so itmay not be the actual products.

• 16 yrs, 6 mths ago

Give something without fragrance a shot. It`s often the fragrances added to beauty products (including haircare) that can make sensitive types itch. Alchemy is a natural brand that does an Unscented Very Gentle range that might help and it`s available from DJs and pharmacies everywhere.

Head and Shoulders is great if it`s more of a flaky issue and there are formulas for all different hair types too.

• 16 yrs, 6 mths ago

Have u tried head and shoulders? Maybe u have sensitive skin! If all else fails, consult the experts – hairdressers

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.