1 yr, 10 mths ago

Is the rising cost of living effecting your skincare routine and beauty budget?

I don’t know if the rest of the beauties are feeling the pinch from rising inflation and the cost of living but I am.I’ve started looking at my expenses and what areas have a bit of fat.

I’m really grateful for BH and being able to trial lots of products that I wouldn’t normally buy.

I’ve also started researching different products that I can make at home for myself. I know one person mentioned using store bought rose water as a toner or making your own facial scrubs.

Has your beauty routine or budget changed?

15 comments 11 voices

Replies

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I think a combo of the rising cost of living and having a much different perspective since the pandemic, I am trying to be more conscience of wastefulness, with my money and what I am consuming. I have a simplistic routine as result and less interested in trying new things on a whim and sticking to what I know works and making those products stretch, plus wearing a lot less make up and putting less focus on my appearance. I have grown my hair back to its natural colour and dont plan to dye it until the greys are coming in (im 33 so hopefully I have a good ten years before then).

I am feeling the pinch, we are looking to purchase a unit and I want to start a family soon, and the rising cost of living, whilst potentially reducing our income and having mouths to feed is daunting in these times.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I have always been conscious of spending money on myself & put everyone else before my wants & needs, so I am very grateful for all the amazing opportunities we have to try products through trials & the nice little stash I have managed to accumulate through sample bags & bargain buys. I am getting better at taking care of myself though, especially when I find a great product through a trial or sample & decide I just can’t live without it 🙂

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I make my own rose toner and it is lovely to use and also rosemary rinse on my hair

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

That’s fantastic re the rose toner – sounds lovely!

I’ve been on a lipstick bash over the last couple of days eeee and yeh probably shouldn’t have! lol oh well, I dunno what got into me!?! I also bought one in the RR. I picked up the Coffee Shimmer by Rimmel after reading the bh article and I couldn’t resist that one – the colour, the 1/2 price sale at CW! Anyhow, my lips will look nice lol (Don’t even ask about the other lippies I just purchased at different websites!!) :/ Maybe I should do a photo of each one as they arrive but I’m not sure how to post a photo on bh now….I wonder is there a thread that explains how?!

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@JuJu – that’s awesome! I think I’ll look up some recipes for these, thanks for the ideas!

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I am sure the charity Share the Dignity could use unopened products. I know they accept pads/tampons, shavers, hand creams.
    Probably anything that we beauties have in our cupboards.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

Luckily, I already have a good stash of products in my cupboard, so can use a lot from there before I need to buy more.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

Totally agree -everything is getting dearer -groceries,petrol as well. Every week the costs are sneaking up so as I am on a fixed income I look for better deals all the time.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

I have so many products, recently gave a lot to a friend who works for domestic violence prevention but I still have a cupboard full. I won’t need to buy anything for a while. Hoping if I need something I can get it through the Rewards room as I have so many points.

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

what a lovely thing to do and you will have given some real pleasure to some very deserving women

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

@Hayley644 – that’s awesome! Could you only donate products that hadn’t been opened yet?

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

So far so good, luckily I had a good stash of products and am slowly using them. Will see when my stock is finished how much new ones cost. Of course I do have some things coming from RR. Lucky hey?

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

My reply is buried so click on “this week” to view it…

• 1 yr, 10 mths ago

Yes, I have concerns but I would say 95% of my products are a luxury and the rest are more of a necessity. I also have so much, it really is time to seriously start shopping my stash. I also did a declutter and giving a lot away to two of my mates.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.