16 yrs, 1 mth ago

i cant sleep

im 16 studying at tafe in accounting im doing my cert III and i cannot get to sleep early. at this moment its 1:25am i layed in bed at 9pm nd have been awake since then so i got up and got back on the comp. is there any herbal remidies or tablets i can take to make me sleepy.? i wish i was in hospital again lol the nitros made me sleepy it just annoys me cause i needa get up at 7 casue my school starts at 9 and im always so worn out 🙁

36 comments 32 voices

Replies

• 16 yrs ago

lol no more sheep lol.. i found something awsum i sell nutrimetics nd to do the spa shows we have neck wraps they are lavener scented and i just lay in bed with that nd it send me right to sleep .. nd also my boyfriend drawing on my leg makes me sleep lol i dotn know y

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

There are a lot of tips and tricks… Different things work for different people though.
    -Don`t have a cup of tea (or coffee!!) more than an hour before bed – the caffine will keep you awake.
    -Chamomile tea helps to calm you down though, so that might help.
    -Having a bath with lavender.
    -It could also help if you put a few drops of lavender on your pillow.
    -Deep breathing/general relaxing.
    Also, it`s supposed to be really bad to do anything other than sleep in your bed. Read a book on the couch, do work at a desk/table, eat at a bench, but not in bed. This is to do with the mind subconsciously associating the bed with activities, rather than sleep.
    Hope this helps! (and that you have no more sheep disasters!)
    xx

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

you could try doing your work in your bed, that generally gets you sleepy. i do my math homework in bed and there i go, sleepng in no time! but then i usually have to wake up early to finish off my homework…yuck! reading a book you`ve already read also helps.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

so true B.O. there is nothing like a long hot bath with some candles and the door shut. i still can as bub goes to bed at 6pm & isn`t up until 6.30am but by the end of the day it is an effort to even run it. i am going to tonight though, and i`m using my salts.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

counting sheep generally help you go to sleep. hehe. taking a nice warm bath helps me relax and feel more sleepy. I love to soak in the bath for a long period of time however it`s more of a luxury these days and not something I can do too often with a little one.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

i can`t take valerian. it makes me have halucinogenic nightmares. it does that to some people. i use vetiver essential oil on the sole of my foot and lavender in the burner. chamomile, passion flower and lavender tea helps too.

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

bloody hell i didnt sleep lastnight night i could hear sheep…. i am petrified of sheep. i take a look out the window theres 2 f**king sheep outside my window. i live in a ity so i cannot believe that. i slept in my sisters room with the light on nd head phones so i cudnt hear the stupid things lucky i dont start tafe till 2.30 today id be buggered if i had to get up early. i swear it was about 3 this morning b4 i finally fell asleep

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

The only thing that saves me in the morning besides my tea is…thank goodness for cartoons…the girls just sit on my bed togther and watch while I doze..

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

Well I was in bed by 11.30pm and up by 7.30am so still 8 hours sleep. Hope everyone got a goodnights sleep. I couldn`t survive without my morning coffee 🙂

• 16 yrs, 1 mth ago

So all you pussy cats were up till late last night and I`m the only one here first thing in the morning. I have a great suggestion for you all – if you get up verrrrryyyyy early every morning you`ll sleep well at night. Works for me…. (I would have thought all those bubs would have woken you early anyway!)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.