2 yrs, 2 mths ago

How to get on a trial? And to increase membership status

Hi All,

I have been on bh for just over a year I would say. I have recently become more active in terms of reviewing etc.
Can you tell me if the only way to participate in trials is to be invited in an email? Or do you get to through the forum as well? What benefits do you get from increased memberships status? And how to obtain higher membership status other than through reviewing. Any help is much appreciated xx

35 comments 18 voices

Replies

• 2 yrs ago

When I first joined BeautyHeaven, I didn’t get a trial for a very long time, but things changed once I filled in my actual date of birth in my profile. There may be many trials where selection is based on age group.

• 2 yrs ago

I think what everyone needs to remember is that if your beauty profile doesn’t suit the type of product that is being tested, you won’t be selected.

Make sure your beauty profile is always up to date, as this will increase your chances of being on a trial team.

• 2 yrs ago

I would love to trial a Discovery Bag, can someone tell me how can one apply or get selected for one?

Edit: Checked other replies in the thread which answered by question

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

I used to be on the Trial Team and really enjoyed doing it because it often helped me find my next HG product that I wouldn’t have normally gone after for whatever reason. However, my last trial happened during a really tough exam period. I emailed BH about it asking for an extension or something, but I didn’t hear back from them. Eventually I stopped getting offers and only recently did I understand that I was sadly removed from TT which sucks because I did send a notice explaining my reason. Other than that one time, I was always timely, organised and thorough with my reviews. To this day I’m trying to find a way to get back on TT but I don’t think that’s possible for me anymore 😭😭

• 2 yrs, 1 mth ago

Since the site relaunch, we no longer have to apply to be on the TT – just make sure your profile is up to date, @BlueBite.

If you think Bh removed you unfairly, I recommend you email info@beautyheaven.com.au & explain the reason again. Good luck!

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

5th attempt to reply to @RINNY!

There used to be a Rewards Room tab with membership FAQ, but that tab disappeared when the RR closed. I mentioned this on New Site Questions months ago.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

7th attempt to reply to @RINNY.

I found the page using Google, here: https://www.beautyheaven.com.au/get-beauty-products-for-free/

It now says Platinum membership is invite-only, as it was pre-2016 or so. I don’t know if that’s the case or if it’s another glitch. I’ve also mentioned this on New Site Questions but haven’t had an answer.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

This is from after the site relaunch.

image host

• 2 yrs ago

I wish I get the invite soon, not sure what the criteria for the invite is. I did write to BH to check if I was eligible as I have been a Gold member for a while now but never got a reply 🙁

• 2 yrs ago

I’m unsure whether the criteria for Platinum status have changed or not, @Neha.gamine. I’ve emailed Bh & got a reply that it’s getting handled by the relevant team member, but I haven’t had an answer yet. I’ll update the Platinum status thread when I know for sure. I edited that thread on 18 Feb & it’s been pending moderation since then!

• 1 yr, 11 mths ago

It’s all so confusing when they change the rules on us. I am still many reviews away from the 100 to qualify through the old requirements, but who knows what constitutes qualifying now that it states ‘invitation only’ I guess all we can do is keep participating, reviewing & wait.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I’ve been a BH member for over 12 years and have been on a number of trial teams. You receive an invitation via email and need to respond fairly promptly because popular trials fill qucikly.

there are very strict and particular rules which you must follow but overall being part of the Trial Teams is just awesome!!

thanks BH – love the new website 🙂

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Great to know that it only takes 100 reviews to get to Platinum status now and there isn’t the 2 years to wait.

Do we automatically change to Platinum or do we need to request it?

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

3rd attempt to reply!

@RINNY
      , here’s the old criteria for Platinum membership:
      •You must have been a member for two years
      •You must already be a Gold member
      •You must have submitted at least 100 published reviews
      •You must comment on 10 or more articles per week
      •You must participate in 4 different forums per week

I honestly don’t know if this has changed.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I’d like to know that myself. This new site would benefit from an FAQ tab, and the ability to track the number of our product reviews

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I agree with the sentiment regarding the community here. It is really the first forum I have been a part of in this way (as in hanging out and not just asking for tech advice 🙂 and it really is the loveliest group of people here. The forum is what keeps me coming to the website often – I don’t always comment but I love reading through it…

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I do too -You feel part of a lovely group and very supportive to each othr

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I never knew there was a quarterly Discovery Bag. I will keep an eye out from now on.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

You’ve just missed the Summer of Self-Care Discovery Bag, which Bh announced last week, @HDEE. The next one will be in autumn.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thank you for this. How do we avoid not missing out on applying for a discovery bag? do we just need to keep an eye out weekly or so on the forums?

it would be really good to be able to see how many reviews I’ve done. I am based In NZ so I do miss out on somethings because they are mainly looking for AU residents.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

I have no idea on what a Discovery Bag thing is , this is the first time I am hearing about it.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks Misfortune8. I will keep an eye out for it next time.

• 2 yrs, 2 mths ago

Thanks Misfortune8
    That makes a lot of sense. Good to have the information on Discovery Bags. Much appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.